Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

wh1080 indoor temp problem

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
tiggy
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: vista

wh1080 indoor temp problem

Post by tiggy »

Hi all this is my first post on here .
My problem is my indoor readings , my base unit as started reading silly temps, at the moment it reads minus 43.6 indoors which does go up and down a little but i can not seem to be able to delete this reading all other readings seem to be working fine. ive tried taking battery's out over night ,pop them back in and the same temp pops up again as i write this its dropped to minus 43.1 ,so it is reading something just not the right temp. Any help would be grateful thanks tiggy.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: wh1080 indoor temp problem

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Have you looked at the "Photos of...." and "Insides of..." sticky threads at the top of the Fine Offset section?

However, I'm not sure if anybody has definitely identified the temperature sensor in the Console, but it's probably combined with the humidity sensor (so you may have to find/replace the whole module). I believe there are a few threads on the forum where people have attempted to replace the humidity sensor.

It happens that I've also been looking for the temperature sensor myself recently, because I've observed that the reading always increases (very slowly) by about 1.5 deg C when the Console is plugged into the (powered) computer. Obviously due to local heating within the Console which is annoying, but not of the magnitude of your problem. ;)

Cheers, Alan.