Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

datalink cable davis vantage vue

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
dennis pearson
Weather Station: davis vantage vue
Operating System: windows XP

datalink cable davis vantage vue

Post by dennis pearson »

I have a vantage vue and need an interface cable so I can connect to my PC, can anyone help?

Dennis
pete_c
Weather Station: Davis Vue-Pro2 - Fine Offset
Operating System: W2003-XPSP3-Linux

Re: datalink cable davis vantage vue

Post by pete_c »

Look here for some 3rd party interface details:

https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7704

Here in the US I purchased one without datalogging; just a serial link. Its been fine now for about a year with Cumulus and my Vantage Vue.

http://wx.sloweather.com/dsi-01.php
Last edited by pete_c on Wed 18 Jul 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Pete
Automator
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Dennis, if you want an interface designed and supported by Davis Instruments (without the risk of loosing your Vantage Vue warranty), you will have to by one of the expensive Davis Instruments WeatherLink interfaces. :|

You could buy the expensive Davis Instruments WeatherLink interface in the UK ... or you could get the same interface, although at much lower price, for some online retailers such as Scientific Sales or Archer Trading Post... ;)
belfryboy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 envoy 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by belfryboy »

gemini06720 wrote:Dennis, if you want an interface designed and supported by Davis Instruments (without the risk of loosing your Vantage Vue warranty), you will have to by one of the expensive Davis Instruments WeatherLink interfaces....
Out of interest, where did you read that a 3rd party interface will void the warranty? I cannot find a statement to that effect within their warranty document, and they haven't publicised anything like that.

A copy of their warranty statement is here:

I obviously have a biased opinion on this matter, and I am in no way trying to influence your choice of purchase. You will get great support from Davis if you choose to purchase their software, and I expect you will get little support if you inform them that you used a 3rd party interface and they subsequently blame that for any equipment failure.