Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New user in Gloucester ...Upload to Wunderground help please

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
Grenville
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 1081 (Maplins)
Operating System: Windows XP

New user in Gloucester ...Upload to Wunderground help please

Post by Grenville »

I notice from Wunderground that there are a few stations in and around Gloucester UK. I want to join you. But being unsure how to up load data from my Fine Offset device I could do with a little help. :oops: :oops:
If any Gloucester (Longlevens) users are reading this, I would like to meet you for help. Im in Twigworth.

Perhaps you can message me, then I will gladly give my location.

Thanks
John
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other.
fadiaz
Weather Station: Ambient Weather 2902
Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bits)

Re: New user in Gloucester ...Upload to Wunderground help pl

Post by fadiaz »

Hi,

First of all, welcome...

I am not in Gloucester; actually very far away; but I can at least help you giving a little information about the process. :)

First you need to create a Weather Underground account (if you do not have one). Go to the Sign In or Sign Up (located at the top right of the web page). There select "Register Now", follow the instructions and fill the information asked.

After you have the WU account, your next step will be to create the account or id of your weather station. To create that you need to go to "My Weather Stations". To get there first you need to Sign In (if you have still not done so). There you will see your WU username in the top right area of the webpage, where the "Sign In or Sign Up" was before. If you put your cursor (NO Clicking) over your username a menu will appear. In that menu will be the option of "My Weather Stations". Now move your cursor to that option and click.

Once there go to "Add A Station". Fill the information asked and click "Submit". That will create your weather station ID.

Now is just left to make Cumulus (or any other weather program you use) to send the data to WU. Go to Cumulus and click the "Configuration" menu. There select the "Internet" option. There look for the "box" with label "Weather Underground". In the options inside it you will your weather station ID in Station ID and the password you use to log to you WU account in password (note: weather stations do not have different password, they use the same password you use in your WU account). Put a checkmark in "Enabled" and now should send data to WU.

Other options you can configure, if you want Cumulus to update the displayed weather station data every time Cumulus read it from the weather station, you can check the "Rapid Fire" option. If you want Cumulus to fill data logged if you were disconnected from WU website, you can check the "Catch Up" option. If you have Solar and/or UV data and want to publish it also, you can check those options also. Some weather stations (like mine, the Fine Offset and Clones) send the highest gust wind instead of wind, in that case you can also check send "Send Average Wind".

Well, I hope that this helps you get online with your weather station and Weather Underground. Take care and enjoy... :)

Francisco
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Thanks for getting back to me....And yes, too right, you are far away....

After creating a WU acct, then I go to Cumulus and following your instructions ,I then go back to WU, and MY Stations, the Source Link says N/A and Active says NO. So far, nothing has appeared in WU.

What do you think ?

Thanks
John
I may be schizophrenic,
fadiaz

Post by fadiaz »

Hi John,

Source Link refers to your personal web page. WU data upload should work fine, even if you do not have a personal web page, as long as you have your Station ID and password.

What Active = NO means is that WU is still not receiving data from you. As soon as WU starts receiving data, then that "No" should change to a "Yes". First of all check that you enter your Station ID in Cumulus in Capital Letters (using my station ID as an example: KPSANJU20 instead of kpsanju20). That is very important, since WU only recognize Station ID in All Caps. Also check that you have entered the password exactly as you use it to Sign In to WU website.

Hope this fixes your problem and you can be online soon... :)

Francisco
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Hello Francisco. Thank you. At least now , we might be getting somewhere. At least data is appearing in history. you may find me at IGLOUCES33 or Court FM

But there is no page showing icons with current conditions.
Being as I use mobile internet (a dongle with only 15gb of data per month) during the night in the uk, my pc is off, so no data will be available.

Thanks for your help so far. You are a great help to us.

Cheers
John
I may be schizophrenic,
nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by nitrx »

Grenville wrote:Hello Francisco. Thank you. At least now , we might be getting somewhere. At least data is appearing in history. you may find me at IGLOUCES33 or Court FM

But there is no page showing icons with current conditions.
Being as I use mobile internet (a dongle with only 15gb of data per month) during the night in the uk, my pc is off, so no data will be available.

Thanks for your help so far. You are a great help to us.

Cheers
John
Current conditions will not show up from your data, the nearest METAR wil be used in most cases like this http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... IGLOUCES33. If your PC is not on the missing data from will be tranferred to Wunderground by Cumulus if you tick catch-up, se other threads about this issue by example https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7472
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Hello Ron......Thanks....But im glad you know what you are talking about.
Its as clear as mud to me. :roll: :roll:

I think perhaps that i'm trying to do something thats beyond me. :bash: ..Perhaps i'll just let sleeping dogs lye.

Thanks
john
I may be schizophrenic,
fadiaz

Post by fadiaz »

Hi again John,

:clap: Glad that you are now sending data to WU...!!! :clap:

What Ron said was that if you can not be online all the time to send data, you can still post that data later, or more accurately Cumulus will post the data later ;) Remember in the Configuration -> Internet -> Weather Underground options I mentioned you before, the checkmarks you could turn on/off? One of them is "Catch up". That options allows Cumulus to send logged data that has still not been posted to the WU website when you go online. That way, you can only get online in the times you do and not need to have the computer connected to the internet 24/7. Of course that means that people will not have access to that data, until you get online.

Of course also, Cumulus do need to be able to get that data to be able to post it to WU website. So that means that either Cumulus must run 24/7; or get it from the Data Logger from the weather station. Cumulus will then read it from the Data Logger (and upload it to WU when you get online).

Good thing is that the Fine Offset weather stations have a data logger built in inside the console. A data logger is a memory that a weather station has that can store past weather measurements. The default in the Fine Offset is record one observation every 15 minutes. Cumulus program record one observation every 10 minutes. To change the data recording interval in a Fine Offset you can either use the program Easyweather that comes with the Fine Offset; or better yet, use Steve utility found in the Cumulus/Fine Offset subforum. ;)

Glad here that we have been able to help you. And if you have any other situation that we can help you here in the forum, just let us know... 8-)

Francisco
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Good morning Francisco & Ron.
Thanks to you both for the help.

So i'm guessing that my data is visible to you , yes :?: At least when the pc is running Cumulus. What do you see :?:

During today, I will monitor the amount of data from my monthly allowance that 3 mobile gives me. Once I know that, I will decide whether to leave the PC running 24/7/. It may be that I simply cannot afford to run it at all.

Thanks to you both.
John :)

Our photo gallery URL
http://www.panoramio.com/user/3554851
I may be schizophrenic,
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Goodmorning John,
it seems some of your data are missing data stopped at 21:19 7.5 ° may 3th and started again at 05:27 7.4 °C on may 4 th..

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... 12&month=5

In fact the missing data should have been uploaded when you started cumulus this morning or there must be something wrong with your internet connection..
Last edited by nitrx on Fri 04 May 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Ron . Yes, there is data missing, probably due to the pC being off during the night.
In Cumulus, and under WU, catch up is checked. I would have thought the data would have caught up. Interval is at zero. What is interval ?
I may be schizophrenic,
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Grenville wrote:In Cumulus, and under WU, catch up is checked. I would have thought the data would have caught up.
Is your internet connection available when you start Cumulus? If you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I'll take a look at what's happening.
Steve
Grenville

Post by Grenville »

Ron... Ive attached a screen shot of my current Cumulus control panel...Is it correct.?

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I may be schizophrenic,
nitrx

Post by nitrx »

Grenville wrote:Ron . Yes, there is data missing, probably due to the pC being off during the night.
In Cumulus, and under WU, catch up is checked. I would have thought the data would have caught up. Interval is at zero. What is interval ?
The interval should be the same as the interval as your webupdate settings mine are set to 15 minutes ( maybe a higher or lower interval is possible if you set it lower you wil have more data to tranfer, Fine offset stations can't log below 48 seconds) I think you should set the interval to 15 minutes , just put 15 in the box by internet settings in the wunderground selection, perhaps Steve can give a clue what happens if there is nothing filled out in the interval settings.

Edit a WH1081 has no UV-sensor so you can untick this..
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

nitrx wrote:perhaps Steve can give a clue what happens if there is nothing filled out in the interval settings.
If 'rapid fire' is ticked, the interval setting isn't used, it uploads every 5 seconds. Using 'rapid fire' probably isn't a good idea if your internet connection has monthly transfer limits.

You should untick 'auto update' as that setting only applies to ftp to your own web site. Cumulus will be doing unnecessary checks as you're not uploading to your own web site.
Steve