Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fed up with Fine Offset. I want to start from scratch?

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
rwilliam99
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Fed up with Fine Offset. I want to start from scratch?

Post by rwilliam99 »

I found this interesting post:

http://www.susa.net/wordpress/2012/08/r ... nd-rfm12b/

And it looks a little closer to my skillset, but still requires some soldering and tinkering. I do have a spare raspberry pi sitting around, so I wouldn't have to spring for that. I guess I just need to receiver module.
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

rwilliam99 wrote:
uncle_bob wrote:I too was totally over the communication and corrupted data issues with my Fine Offset.
I ended up making a WeatherDuino Pro2 and it's been brilliant!
You can read about it, if you're interested, here: http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Threa ... Duino-Pro2
That looks really interesting, but I'm not much of a hardware guy (other than assembling off the shelf parts). I think that is above my skills to assemble something like that. I was hoping for just a receiver unit as well - hoping to use the existing transmitter from the weather station.
If you're are really interested I would assemble and test a RX and TX unit for you. You would only need to pay for the parts and shipping to you.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
tumutbound
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Linux, Raspberry Pi (Wheezy)

Post by tumutbound »

A long term project of mine is to get a weather station going on the Raspberry Pi as I already have one dedicated to my weather camera. Initial plan is to stick with the Fine Offset sensors/transmitter but have the Pi running the receiver.
Through another forum (http://openenergymonitor.com) I found these receivers, also based on the RFM12B. As they contain an Atmel processor, getting any Arduino code to run should be fairly easy.

I just bought the blank boards so I have to brush up on my SMD soldering skills before I can get these working.
My weather
CumulusMX (3036)
Raspberry Pi: Wheezy
FineOffset WH1081
rwilliam99
Weather Station: WS-2080

Post by rwilliam99 »

One thing I neglected to think about - if I got a raspberry pi (or arduino) solution I would lose my ability to use Cumulus, which I love.

It sounds like a linux version of cumulus is in the works, so that might be a solution once that is ready to test.
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro

Post by Werk_AG »

With the WeatherDuino Pro2 system you don't lose the ability to use Cumulus, it even communicate with Cumulus emulating a Davis VP2.
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want