Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Aercus WeatherRanger Purchased

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
Siddy
Weather Station: Maplin W1081
Operating System: Win 10

Aercus WeatherRanger Purchased

Post by Siddy »

Hi

In the end I went for the wifi WeatherRanger after checking the Davispro and the extra's needed it didn't work for me.

So it's back uploading to Wunderground iChurwel6.

Now as this uploads direct to WU has can anyone give advice to programs to pul the data off so I can build my own web site.

I'm all ears folks. (saying that best make sure I still have the site i'm sure the payment is July)

Cheers
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Re: Aercus WeatherRanger Purchased

Post by uncle_bob »

Is it too late to return it and get one that has a PC connection?
If so then you really only have two options for live data collection.
1) Scape the data off the WU site somehow. Note that WU is clamping down on free API connections.
2) Receive and decode the radio data steam. Watch this video on how to do it https://youtu.be/L0fSEbGEY-Q

If that all seems too difficult, then maybe think about boxing it all back up and selling it and get another station (that supports Cumulus ;) ).
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
Siddy
Weather Station: Maplin W1081
Operating System: Win 10

Re: Aercus WeatherRanger Purchased

Post by Siddy »

Thanks for the reply Bob,
Note that WU is clamping down on free API connections.
Do you have for info on this please, I'm a paid member till on WU or is it these types of stations.

A bit of quick thinking required with info to go back to Amazon & it supplier for Monday.

Honest can't fault the kit and display etc but the idea is to upload otherwise it's a stand along bit of kit.