Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

What to purchase

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
BillW
Weather Station: Ultimeter 2100 + 5 in man. gauge
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Re: What to purchase

Post by BillW »

Hi,

This is probably heresy ;) here but I have to say that I've been quite impressed with my Ultimeter 2100 plus sensor combo. Unfortunately it doesn't use Cumulus though.
The annemometer has a significant design issue in that in strong winds (40mhp ish +) the cups are so big it rocks back on the centre column and clip the wind vane.

Having said that is has survived through some serious blows and the whole system has operated without a problem for 18 months now.

Going back to a wired installation was THE best decision I've made on the hobby weather front. A bit more hassle in the set up and extensions have to be wired VERY carefully if you make up your own like I did but from that point on luxury!

Some of their versions retail in the states for around your budget so I'd have a look at their stuff. It's a bit less expensive than a fully loaded Davis rig so might fit the bill.

cheers,
Bill.