Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

My weather station with some mods and homebuilt addons

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
TheGeeze
Weather Station: Ambient Weather Model WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7

My weather station with some mods and homebuilt addons

Post by TheGeeze »

Hello folks. Don't post often (only once before as I remember) but thought I'd take some time and show some of the things I've done with my weather station since I set it up in early 2011. Some of the things were inspired by other folks modifications on their stations. Things like modifying the rain collector, modifying the tail on the wind direction vane, adding/building a solar radiation shield, adding fan aspiration and such. I did all those and also took the fan aspiration a step further. I build a solar collector-charging system that is fairly elaborate, some would even say over the top. Is it practical? I think so. Was it costly? Yeah, a bit. Has it proven to be reliable, yes it has. Why did I do it? Because it has turned into a hobby and I have enjoyed it immensely.

I have posted the modifications on Photobucket with comments throughout. If you would like to see what I've done, visit my Photobucket page at http://s144.photobucket.com/user/mhoffp ... %20Station .

Cheers.... TheGeeze
Mike Hoff
Magnolia TX, USA
http://magnoliaweather.net/
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Re: My weather station with some mods and homebuilt addons

Post by uncle_bob »

Good stuff Mike.
Looks like you're a real tinkerer :)
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: My weather station with some mods and homebuilt addons

Post by mcrossley »

TheGeeze wrote:Why did I do it? Because it has turned into a hobby and I have enjoyed it immensely.
And there is no better reason 8-) It is amazing what can be done with these cheap weather stations.