Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

AERCUS INSTRUMENTS WS3083 PRO

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
HerbiNz
Weather Station: None
Operating System: Windows 7

AERCUS INSTRUMENTS WS3083 PRO

Post by HerbiNz »

I seems a little strange that a manufacturer will continue to manufacture a product without wireless IP capability.

Let's say, I want to run multiple weather stations. I can find a device such as the the "USB over IP Device Server" from http://www.startech.com. In theory this will convert a USB device to an IP device. In theory, I will then be able to access a remote weather station over an IP network.

Has anyone tried this? Or are my expectations too high?
Charlie
Weather Station: 1wire-Cumulus & Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: AERCUS INSTRUMENTS WS3083 PRO

Post by Charlie »

Looks like it has some potential to work depending on what software it comes with, but would require a test to be sure. It appears to be used for sharing storage typically, and the weather station is very different, so the device would need to support the HID device driver, not the mass storage device driver.

Of course, it costs more than the weather station you want to support, so there's that.... and I have no idea why you would want to do it even if it did work, but hey it might be possible! FYI it is also not wireless, which seemed to be important to you for some reason?