Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherDuino Pro2 - Build yourself a full Weather Station

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Re: WeatherDuino Pro2 - Build yourself a full Weather Statio

Post by uncle_bob »

Just a heads up that Werk_AG has a limited quantity of boards fully assembled for sale. This might interest those that don't have any electronic/soldering skills but who would be interested in using one of these great weather stations.
See this post on Werks forum http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Threa ... led-boards

I can thoroughly recommend the WeatherDuino system. I currently using it as my main station to upload to Cumulus and the internet.
I also have a second receiver which allows me to move it around the house and also to run a second copy of Cumulus on another computer using the same data supplied to my main station.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
Wolfie33
Weather Station: Aercus WS2083
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by Wolfie33 »

Hi Folks

First, big thanks Werk_ag for what looks like a brilliant bit of kit.
Second, big thanks to uncle_bob for all your posts & photos etc expanding the practical side.

Sign me up, this thing really "floats my boat" and ticks all the boxes currently ricocheting round my head!!
Likes: modular, easy to add extra sensors, backward compatibility, cumulus, Davis emulation

Alas, it wont be a quick build, gonna have to do it in stages due to limited cash, but if I start now I'll have it ready by the time the Aercus WS2083 expires (. . . hopefully . . ) :roll:

Cheers
Pat
uncle_bob

Post by uncle_bob »

Wolfie33 wrote:Hi Folks

Second, big thanks to uncle_bob for all your posts & photos etc expanding the practical side.
No problem. Looking forward to seeing another one of these stations out there in the wild.
If you have have trouble or questions, I'm usually not too far away from a computer :)
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Werk_AG »

Wolfie33 wrote:Hi Folks

First, big thanks Werk_ag for what looks like a brilliant bit of kit.

Sign me up, this thing really "floats my boat" and ticks all the boxes currently ricocheting round my head!!
Likes: modular, easy to add extra sensors, backward compatibility, cumulus, Davis emulation

Alas, it wont be a quick build, gonna have to do it in stages due to limited cash, but if I start now I'll have it ready by the time the Aercus WS2083 expires (. . . hopefully . . ) :roll:

Cheers
Pat
You are welcome.

Yes, the system is very modular. It can be cheap or more expensive depending on some options you can made. For example, for the Temp / Hum data you can use economic sensors such as the DHT22, or more expensive ones, like the Sensirion SHT1x. Also you may chose to have one or more emitting (TX) units, and thus have several extra sensors, or use one TX unit for sensors that are mounted high, and another for those who must stay near ground level.
Besides all, its construction is fun and educational, and it works.

Regards
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want
Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

WeatherDuino Pro2 v013 - Release date 2014-11-17

With the contributions of all Beta Testers, and after many many working hours, I'm very proud to announce the immediate release of the new v013 software for the WeatherDuino Pro2 system.

v013 is not just another software release! It brings a very significant change in how the WeatherDuino Pro2 system can be used.
I'm talking about the new relay data function. Just by adding an extra TX module in main receiver unit, allows it to wirelessly relay your weather data to other TFT displays, wich can be placed all over your house (bed rooms, living rooms, kitchen, porch, etc).

Each Wireless Display unit, can be built at a very low cost, they don't need to have barometric pressure sensor nor RTC module. Date and time on all remote screens, is synchronized every hour with the main RX unit, which in turn will sync with your PC clock everyday at 04h00.

I take backward compatibility very seriously. This new software v013 is fully backward compatible with all previously released WeatherDuino Pro2 RX boards. All of them already have pins for connecting the extra TX module, required for the new relay data function.
Info on how to connect the extra TX module to your existing RX unit is available on the forum.

The extra TX module is optional, it's not necessary for the normal operation of your WeatherDuino Pro2 receiver. Install it only if you want to have additional screens to show your weather data at several places of your home or office.

In December 2014 will be released a new hardware and software combo, just for remote screens. It will be called WeatherDuino Pro2 Wireless Display. Will have support for 2.4" 320x240 and 1.8" 160x128 TFT displays, and off course it will maintain support for 20x4 LCD.

But that is not all...

Software v013 also adds support to control TFT backlight. Now you can turn it on or off with a single button click, and also set in user config options, a auto timeout.
To use this new function, RX boards prior to v4.xx, require a small hardware mod (already published on the forum). This mod is optional, your system will work normally without it, you just can't turn off the TFT backlight.
RX boards v4.xx already support TFT backlight control without any hardware mod.

Data layout on TFT display was also redesigned, now it shows more data fields and is refreshed every time a new data packet is received (max. every 5 seconds).
The sending timings for the data packets also have changed. If you have an already running system, it's recommend that you upgrade the software in your outside unit (transmitter) with the new TX v013.
Many other less visible changes, were made. Enjoy it, it's free.

Thank you for having read all this, even writing with my poor English.

Live_Steam_Mad
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Post by Live_Steam_Mad »

Wow, a DIY system for low cost that is fairly simple to solder and understand how to assemble and has all the FO weather station functions plus Solar in W/m^2 and UV index data, and can use the FO sensors that I already have, and so that I can also extend my weather sensing to include Solar data, and not have to take a risk "upgrading" to the 3080 from my WH-1081 and find that the 3080 doesn't work (like has happened to a lot of people I read about here), your system also sounds like a rather better option than buying a Davis VP2 Plus at 1,000 GBP just to get the solar and UV graphs, only to have it eventually fail (as happened to my friend Jon H's VP1 Plus, if it happened to him, it can happen to me too), consider me signed up.

I just ordered the TX and RX boards from you and I'll join you shortly on your forum to ask some questions.

One last thing, what Solar and UV sensors are you using and where did you buy them from?

Best Regards,

Alistair G.
uncle_bob

Post by uncle_bob »

It's brilliant, you won't go wrong.
Conder, Canberra Weather
Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

Live_Steam_Mad wrote:
I just ordered the TX and RX boards from you and I'll join you shortly on your forum to ask some questions.

One last thing, what Solar and UV sensors are you using and where did you buy them from?
Thanks for joining to WeatherDuino Pro2 project.
The Solar sensor used with WeatherDuino Pro2 is a DIY sensor based on a study from Charles G. Wright, that you can find here: http://chuck-wright.com/projects/pv-measure.html

The solar sensor it's a little tricky to build, and for building it, it's very important understand the principle how it works, . After that it can be built easily.
Uncle_bod, made a free translation to English from my original article in Portuguese language. You can find the translated article here: http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Threa ... taic-Cells

Adding the UV sensor it's really easy. The UVM-30A sensor can be read directly by the Arduino on the TX unit.
brett
Weather Station: WS-3081
Operating System: Win 8.1

Post by brett »

is it just me or is the http://www.meteocercal.info/forum site not up very often ? I keep getting timeouts / no response (I'm in Australia).

With my recent battles with my FO WS3081 I've ben contemplating a homebuild and thought your sensor and wireless load looked interesting so was looking to dig a little deeper but haven't even been able to get the site up for more than one or two forum post views, and haven't been able to register as a user yet.
uncle_bob

Post by uncle_bob »

brett wrote:is it just me or is the http://www.meteocercal.info/forum site not up very often ? I keep getting timeouts / no response (I'm in Australia).
I've been browsing and posting on there today without issue.
Is there any questions I can help you with?

Cheers Bob
Conder, Canberra Weather
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

is it just me or is the http://www.meteocercal.info/forum site not up very often ? I keep getting timeouts / no response (I'm in Australia).
I am afraid it must be your connection as no problems here either.
David
Live_Steam_Mad
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Post by Live_Steam_Mad »

brett wrote:is it just me or is the http://www.meteocercal.info/forum site not up very often ? I keep getting timeouts / no response (I'm in Australia).

With my recent battles with my FO WS3081 I've ben contemplating a homebuild and thought your sensor and wireless load looked interesting so was looking to dig a little deeper but haven't even been able to get the site up for more than one or two forum post views, and haven't been able to register as a user yet.
Wierdness. The site mentioned works great for me every time.

I have a FO 1081, it's rather good but it did glitch with 400 MPH wind readings twice in the first 2 weeks it was online, so I am a little irritated with it for that. I am trying to build a WDPro2 myself.

Any questions and we'll try to answer them over on the meteocercal forum.

Cheers,

Alistair G.
brett

Post by brett »

righto, thanks for that. Must be my DNS service or ISP having intermittent connectivity issues, as it's not available right now. Tested from my phone without connecting to my wifi and it seems to work fine, so it's definitely related to the connection.
uncle_bob

Post by uncle_bob »

brett wrote:righto, thanks for that. Must be my DNS service or ISP having intermittent connectivity issues, as it's not available right now. Tested from my phone without connecting to my wifi and it seems to work fine, so it's definitely related to the connection.
A modem restart may help.
Conder, Canberra Weather
brett

Post by brett »

Haha, no a modem restart never helps :) Removing the long latency DNS server from the configuration should, but I can't do that at the moment it'll disrupt other household activities that SWMBO will not permit - may have to fudge it with hosts files.

Unfortunately the Telstra mobile network is on someone's black list, so the website won't let me register if I'm using my phone or tethered to it; will have to wait until wife goes to bed/stops watching TV or tomorrow when I return to work.... in the meantime, can anyone share the parts list? I've seen your shopping list uncle_bob (page 1 of your thread anyway) but nothing more.....