Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue - Registering Rainfall Problems

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
baylisj
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7.0

Vantage Vue - Registering Rainfall Problems

Post by baylisj »

Hi,

I purchased a Davis Vantage Vue back in January 2012.

I've come across a problem the last 7-8 months where the rainfall stops registering but it is now happening more frequently. I've had the station down and checked for blockages and everything is fine.

I did a bit of research and it seems a few others have encountered the same problem. They say a way to get it to start registering again is to click the yellow button and then the set-up button and go through the set-up again. Once at the end you keep your finger on set-up and the main screen is returned.

I have tried this several times and it has worked. The latest being just this week. It was raining hard for 10 minutes without registering but once I went through the set-up again it started registered straight away. It will probably work now for a few weeks and then stop and I will need to do the set-up again to get it working.

So this "solution" seems to work but I am wondering if there is anything that can be done to stop it happening and I was also wondering if anyone had heard of this problem and maybe had any solutions.

So it seems the station is working fine (picks up all the other weather details without an issue) but the console isn't picking up the rain gauge/spoon when it tips.

I haven't replaced the battery yet but I don't think it would be this as all other measurements work without issues.

Hopefully someone can help or assist with my problems with the Vantage Vue.

Cheers
Jon :bash:
Cheers

Follow me @ChadWeather