Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

using RJ11 to send wind data

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
dan_mcclurg
Weather Station: wh1080
Operating System: Windows Server 2008R2

using RJ11 to send wind data

Post by dan_mcclurg »

hi there, I have a wh1080 and was wondering whether connecting the sensors directly to my pc via their rj11 connectors would work, is there software that allows it to interface with cumulus this way? im assuming that it would be constantly updating if connected this way, is all this wishfull thinking,

thanks
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Re: using RJ11 to send wind data

Post by MickinMoulden »

Wishful thinking. It sends the information wirelessly every 48 seconds (so never constantly). No output from the temp/humidity sensor. Indoor unit connects via USB, then you would have 2 from rain/wind direct to your computer then connect the temp/humidity (impossible as it has no wired output), which would be 4 inputs to your computer, if it could be done. Cumulus simply won't except that anyway. But guess what? There are much more smarter people than me that have been doing this for much longer that could maybe do this. It would be like totally building your own weather station and matching the output that Cumulus would accept. Challenge accepted? Obviously there is another reason for wanting to consider a near impossible task. Perhaps let us know what the problem is so that a fix can be suggested, rather that suggesting a fix that no one would have offered. But I like your thinking. Constant updated would be cool. It's called a very expensive VP2. Hahahaha.
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage