Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.14.1 (build 3160) - 21 December 2021

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

If you are interested in supporting Cumulus then maybe you would like to contribute to the maintenance of the Wiki? This need not take hours of your time - just a half hour here and there can make a big difference, particularly if many people are doing this. Any contributions are very welcome, whether they involve new content or editing of existing content. It will be very helpful to current and future users of Cumulus software if the Wiki is kept well-maintained and current. If you are interested then please contact forum user saratogaWX and ask for a Wiki account.

Homemade weather station question

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
nansmico
Weather Station: Home made
Operating System: linux Raspbian

Homemade weather station question

Post by nansmico »

I have built my own weather station using an Arduino and a Raspberry pi. The Arduino is outdoors with the weather sensors and communicates via wireless to the pi. I have configured the Raspberry pi with Cumulus MX and displays the web pages nicely and looks like it's working properly as far as I can tell. I don't have any data going to it because I'm not sure how to do this since there is no option to select for a homemade weather station. Can someone explain to me what file needs to be updated in order for the web pages to show the data? At the moment the Arduino has been programmed to output realtime.txt format to the pi. Can this file be used?

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi

Re: Homemade weather station question

Post by mcrossley »

Probably the simplest way would be to use the EasyWeather station. This just reads a file for input, see - https://cumuluswiki.org/a/EasyWeather_Format