Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Many errors since yesterday.. Ignoring sensors. (solved)

OliII
Weather Station: WMR 200 by Oregon Scientific
Operating System: WinXP SP3

Many errors since yesterday.. Ignoring sensors. (solved)

Post by OliII »

Hi !
Since yesterday, i've many errors with my station and Cumulus.
See these here : Image
My station display and update the temperature, pression, rain and wind sucessfully (as seen on the display) but, on cumulus, data stop.
Here's the debug file.
debug.zip
When i disconnect the cable from the station, data recording will resume, but, after 30 minutes (or more than 4 hours), data stop again.
If i close Cumulus, the process will take a long moment, and the launch too... with reading data pannel.
Station WS-2308 connected to the XP computer with original Lacrosse cable, without usb adapter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OliII on Fri 25 May 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.7331.be/meteo website based on the phpBB3 forum and template. WMR200 + UVN 800 - Cumulus 1.9.4 1062 / Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 FR
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Many errors since yesterday.. Ignoring sensors.

Post by steve »

All I can suggest is:

1. Make sure your serial port is set to: Baudrate 2400, Bits 8, Parity None, Stopbits 1
2. Try a different serial cable.

To quote the Open2300 web site: "When reading and writing to the WS 2300 the communication often fails. The station simply does not see RS232 communication as first priority and refuses to answer when it does something else. Errors happen quite often."

Cumulus retries each read a number of times; sometimes reading a set of data can take several minutes. It usually manages to get data from the station eventually. At the end of your debug log, it was getting no response from the station at all.
Steve
OliII

Post by OliII »

Ok, Steeve, just after your repy, i've checked these settings and see that BaudRate was at 9600 ...Changing for 2400 and since the changes, no more problems.
Also, i remember that : when i use HeavyWeather, i've set the Interval time at 10 minutes (for history.dat). I don't know if this setting will have any consequence for my WS-2308 (the station can store many historic data), but, at this time, everything is OK
thank you ! :clap:
http://www.7331.be/meteo website based on the phpBB3 forum and template. WMR200 + UVN 800 - Cumulus 1.9.4 1062 / Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 FR
OliII

Post by OliII »

:( again... from 7pm , got many errors.
sometimes every 10 minutes (approximatively), sometimes, nothing in two hours...
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I can't think of anything else to suggest, sorry.
Steve
OliII

Post by OliII »

I think that i've maybe find the problem..
Yesterday, at 7pm, i begin to use my netbook in my garden, near the thermo/athmospheric sensor ... and the problems begins at same time. Sensor was just 1,5m around my pc..
When i leave, at midnight (we have pretty weather here at this time), problems stopped. And no more errors since midnight.
I think that's my Wifi connection witch creates disturbances with the sensor, who is wireless connected to the station. Every time i use my netbook near the sensor, or around the station, i get errors from the station. :|