Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Historical graphs and cumulus restart

Vathek
Weather Station: PCE FWS-20 = Fine Offset WS1080
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Historical graphs and cumulus restart

Post by Vathek »

Hi, I'm actually using cumulus 1.9.2 b996 and I see a "strange" behaviour.

Whenever I stop and restart cumulus the historical graphs (temperature, rain, wind, etc...) get less resolution than before stopping.
The problem is more evident in the wind plot since I'm using 10minutes average for wind speed.

Additionally the wind direction plot loses the average and every past spot of direction is shared by the average.

I will try to make screenshot to help understand better.

I didn't notice this behaviour in the 1.9.1 betas... but maybe I never looked at it.
nking
Weather Station: W-8681
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Historical graphs and cumulus restart

Post by nking »

Don't bother with the screen shot as this is not an error. When restarted Cumulus will display plot points based upon your update interval, when running it shows data every minute (it may be 48 secs but I can't remember). I hope this answers your question.
Vathek
Weather Station: PCE FWS-20 = Fine Offset WS1080
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Post by Vathek »

nking wrote:Don't bother with the screen shot as this is not an error. When restarted Cumulus will display plot points based upon your update interval, when running it shows data every minute (it may be 48 secs but I can't remember). I hope this answers your question.
Ok, good, but why don't keep the old dense values?
If the old values are every 2 minutes (because cumulus was on and no data are read from the station datalogger) I think that it could keep them when restarting.

And if cumulus was off for a certain period of time and after restart it gets some readings from the station datalogger (which in my case and generally often is set to a lower resolution than 2 minutes) only the new data would be sparse, isn't so?
before_after_comparison.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you want it to keep the one-minute data, tell it do so - set your logging interval to one minute. The same with your station.
Steve