Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Unable to start Heavyweather after install & running Cumulus

Bernard46
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Win10 Pro

Re: Unable to start Heavyweather after install & running Cum

Post by Bernard46 »

OK, I followed Mark's instructions (thank you) and got no results - because I guess as we're starting to speculate its not an access permission problem unfortunately.

So I uninstalled HW, cleared out any directories of data etc and reinstalled it. I did the reinstall from an Administrator account and the only change I made was to make sure that the programs and anything else (apart from the Windows file) was installed in "C:\Data\Heavyweather" - no spaces. Then I did a Process Monitor trace of the start up but specified a filer of path id = "C:\Data\Heavyweather" without quotes of course. The result is the attached 4-page PDF file - I exported it as csv and then hid the path column since it only shows the filtered path (which should be the only one used) to make it a bit more readable. I cannot see a problem here, but maybe someone has a start up trace from a working system to compare it with and can spot a difference?

I also took another trace (unfortunately this one is 73 pages long!) which was with a filter of Process Name = Heavy Weather.exe, including the space and hid the process name column. This has two timestamp discontinuities - the first is at the point where I got the more or less standard Win7 permission escalation prompt, and the second is at the point when the message about the error came up. Again I'm not sure I can see anything too untoward here, but maybe someone with a better idea of what they are looking for could help?

My thanks to those of you who are prepared to look at the data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.