Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

thermo-hygro modification signal

jk1973
Weather Station: ws-2316
Operating System: xp sp2

thermo-hygro modification signal

Post by jk1973 »

Hi all

After some research. i found a way to modify the lacrosse thero-hygro sensor in order to send signal to the base every 8 second in wireless mode instead of 2minutes by adding some electronic resistances inside the machine

did anyone have try this ??? did it work correctly???

regards
anthros
Weather Station: ws2350
Operating System: win 7/xp

Re: thermo-hygro modification signal

Post by anthros »

i have done the modification on mine. Update rate did increase from the 2 minutes, and the station even transmits every 8 seconds but the receiver barely has time to decode especially the longer squirts. In practice every 5 or 6th transmission is a long one ( probably contains the rain data) and that one tends to confuse my station enough to lose the next two consecutive transmissions. Running wired is the only 100% sure way to maintain data integrity. But, all in all, have had my station modded for the last 8 months and it is still operating, it is worth the effort. The battery life on AA cells is roughly 2-3 months depending on weather and battery quality. I modded my station to use C- Cells, gives a battery lifetime of around 4 months on rechargeables. Good quality batteries should be in the neighbourhood of 8 months at least. And yes, the batteries tend to die when its sleeting, bloody cold, or high winds. Hope this was of any value to you.