Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus "not responding"

bmacs66
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2308EL
Operating System: Win XP sp3

Cumulus "not responding"

Post by bmacs66 »

Hi,

Totally new to this forum.

I have set up my LaCrosse WS-2308EL and it's working fine. I've downloaded and installed Cumulus 1.9.0 but when I try and open it the programme freezes and I have to do the old ctrl, alt, del to close it. Try to open it again and the same thing always happens. I've uninstalled it and re-downloaded/installed it but same things keeps on happening. I'm running win xp sp3, pent4, 3.00GHz, 1 gig ram.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus "not responding"

Post by steve »

Please zip up the diags folder and attach it.
Steve
bmacs66

Post by bmacs66 »

Thanks for the quick response.

Zipped file attached as requested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's not getting any response from the station; have you set the correct COM port? You only seem to have tried it once, does running it again now work, having configured the station type? Sometimes it doesn't seem to work properly until the second run.
Steve
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

Re-booting often cures problems after changing system settings. Sometimes more than once - I don't know why.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
bmacs66

Post by bmacs66 »

Com ports match from pc to cumulus and i've configured the station type on numerous occasions after uninstalling/rebooting and re-installing/re-booting cumulus. On this occasion I can't even get to the configuration set up on cumulus cos it just hangs when I run it.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Other than making sure your serial port is set to 2400 bps, I don't know what else to suggest, sorry. It is a real serial port, yes?
Steve
bmacs66

Post by bmacs66 »

Yes it's a real serial port. I've set the port 2400bps to see if that will make a diff. with the connection issue, but still can't open cumulus to try it. I'll post an update if I have success. Maybe I have a software clash??

Thanks anyway.

Cheers
bmacs66

Post by bmacs66 »

Well!! Changed serial port to 2400bps. Uninstalled cumulus, rebooted, reinstalled it rebooted, got access to configuration setup tab, selected the type of station i have, made sure com port matched pc, even put in the lat and long. values for my location. Selected "ok" to the changes, waited 1hr and no data being received from the weather station to cumulus. After 1 hr closed cumulus, would not close had to use ctrl,alt,del. Tried to restart it, it froze as usual. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Had brilliant idea :lol: to download cumulus onto my laptop (win7) and see what happens...errrr same as above wtf :o :o :o :o :o

Never struck this type of thing with any software before, but as they say there's always a 1st time for everything.

No idea how to fix it, will have to abort cumulus... :cry: :cry:
6719jason
Weather Station: La-Crosse WS3502
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by 6719jason »

Have you tried installing the software supplied with the station (Normally) 'HeavyWeather' and seeing if that will connect to your station?

I have the WS2300 via Serial and have had no issues at all with it!

Plus do try all options before writing Cumulus off :)

It would be worse to pay for 'another well known weather station software' and find you have the same issue!
bmacs66

Post by bmacs66 »

Yes I installed HeavyWeather when I 1st got the station and it worked fine. I just tried connecting with HW again and it no longer connects. :( This goes from bad to worse!!