Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Loading archived data but no history shown on graphs

Martle
Weather Station: WS2305

Loading archived data but no history shown on graphs

Post by Martle »

Hi Steve

Cumulus has been working fine with my Lacross 2300 for the past six months when it's suddenly developed this fault:

When I start Cumulus, it states the number of archived records read but on viewing the graphs, none of this history is displayed. The graphs only show the readings from the time that Cumulus was opened and shows none of the logged archived data.

Thinking that perhaps I may have unintentionally changed a setting, I downloaded Cumulus (1.8) again but this has not cured the fault with my graphs.

I'm also running Cumulus 2 beta (Not at the same time I would like to add!) and that is too is reading the archived data and the graphs are working fine.

So to round up, Cumulus seems to working as it should but it's just not showing the archived records on the graphs.

I'm sure that there's a logical reason for this and await your reply for a simple fix.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Loading archived data but no history shown on graphs

Post by steve »

You almost certainly have some sort of corruption/error in your Nov09log.txt file. If the problem isn't obvious (it could be a blank line, or garbage characters, or a truncated line caused by a problem while Cumulus was writing to the file) upload it and I'll take a look.
Steve
Martle
Weather Station: WS2305

Re: Loading archived data but no history shown on graphs

Post by Martle »

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your really prompt reply.

It was indeed a blank line in my Nov09log.txt. I've removed it and now it's working fine again.

Congratulations for a really inspiring app with tech support that Bill Gates could only dream about. ;)