Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS2350 help

AndyH
Weather Station: La Crosse 2350
Operating System: Windows 8

WS2350 help

Post by AndyH »

Hi all,
Not a question about Cumulus but I thought I might be able to tap into someones knowledge or experience as you are reading the La Crosse section of this forum.

I have a Ws2350 model which has been in operation since the end of 2008 and over that time I have replaced the wind and rain sensor due to malfunction. On Friday evening I noticed that I was not receiving any wind or outside temperature information and the console was displaying "-- --" for these sections.

The console is hard wired.

I replaced the batteries in the outside sensor unit and did a hard reset of the console and finally got it to start getting the information again.

However, intermittently it loses touch with the sensor again and I have to manually get it to detect again by pressing the + button on the console. It will work again for a while and then stop receiving data.

My instinct is that the sensor is on its way out and needs replacing which will cost in the region of £55.

So, my questions are as follows
1) Has anyone else experienced this failure and did a new sensor resolve the problem
2) Should I really be thinking of upgrading weather station and if so, and this is probably a huge question, which one should I go for? I currently use Cumulus and have a MySql database which feeds the info straight to my website so would want to stick with Cumulus in the hope that I don't need to spend weeks reprogramming my setup.

Any thoughts, help, advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Andy.
Mike60
Weather Station: WH-2080, WS-2357.
Operating System: W7-Pro

Re: WS2350 help

Post by Mike60 »

Hi
Maybe to late, but :idea:
Why you not connect wired ?
You can go with 20m of cable from base to sensor and another 30 / 40m to anemometer.
I will try to install one WS2357 on Walton on Thames area.

Regards
Mike
AndyH
Weather Station: La Crosse 2350
Operating System: Windows 8

Re: WS2350 help

Post by AndyH »

Hi, thanks for reply. Yes, I have it hard wired. Solved the problem by purchasing a RJ12 testing kit for a couple of quid and found that one of the cables was faulty. Replaced that and it all works again now.