Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Unable to open Cumulus

sunseeker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Unable to open Cumulus

Post by sunseeker »

I leave my computer and Cumulus running 24/7 and have been doing so for a number of years without any problems. However this morning I noticed that Cumulus had shut down, the last update to my webpage being at 21.50pm 26/12/14. I tried opening Cumulus in the usual manner by clicking on my desktop shortcut but had the error message "Windows cannot access the specific device,path,or file. You may not have permission to access the item". Am I right to assume this is nothing to do with Cumulus but a windows problem? As far as I can tell all my other commonly used programs are working normally and also I am not aware that windows shut down and restarted although this could have happened overnight. Not being very technical could some kind person point out what I need to do to get up and running again. I am running windows 7 64bit home edition. I shall be out for the rest of the day so unable to provide any further information until later.
Thank you for reading this and hopefully solving my query
regards
Mike
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Unable to open Cumulus

Post by steve »

If a reboot of Windows doesn't fix it, here are some tips from Microsoft on things to try: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669244
Steve
sunseeker
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Unable to open Cumulus

Post by sunseeker »

Thanks Steve,
I followed the link you gave and the instructions contained therein. At the same time I upgraded to the latest build v1.9.4 (build 1099) and all is now back to normal. It is a while since I have sent you a donation but intend to rectify that pronto!
regards
Mike