Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Is anyone having problems

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

darc
Weather Station: Davis vp2 // Maplins N96GY
Operating System: Win 7 Home / Nokia Lumia Win

Is anyone having problems

Post by darc »

I have been having problems over the last few days with
freeglovine not updating, is there anyone else having problems.

Geoff
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

Canon camera 1100d Samsung compact
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Re: Is anyone having problems

Post by Matt.j5b »

My Glovine free hosting site is also down, along with other Glovine free hosting sites which are also down.

It does go down sometimes but after a day or two it does come back. It did recently go down and this may have something to do with it going down. See here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9460
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
darc

Post by darc »

Thanks Matt, That was good of you to pass on the link apart from another stupid remark (don't no what having a gcse has to do with
it, I will keep an eye on it, has been off now for a couple of days.

Geoff
Weather station Davis Vantage Pro 2 / Maplins Forecaster N96GY http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/29021968.html

darc

Post by darc »

Still no Freeglovine but it does seem some of my uploads are getting done, I myself can not get onto freeglovine web site the error I am getting is 10060 a timeout error.

Geoff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

Geoff,

Unless you have compelling reasons to stay with a free hosting company with variable reliability you might consider a paid for one. They aren't expensive especially when the cost of a Davis station is taken into account.

The Basic package from this company seems to fit the bill. https://www.redfoxhosting.com/products/ ... ng/shared/
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

darc

Post by darc »

Thanks Ray I think I will take a look at that link, I am of on hols soon so will get that sorted when
I get back.

Thanks Geoff

gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

Geoff, here is another link you might want to look at: 1&1 Web Hosting - I have been with 1&1 North America for almost 10 years and have had excellent services through the years.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

And I would also suggest you look at https://www.vidahost.com/web-hosting/overview who have some very good starter packages and are very responsive if you have problems.
David
darc

Post by darc »

Thank Ray & Dave for the links you have posted I will take a look at them
Thanks. Geoff

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

gemini06720 wrote:Geoff, here is another link you might want to look at: 1&1 Web Hosting - I have been with 1&1 North America for almost 10 years and have had excellent services through the years.
Ray,

I'm always wary of companies that promise unlimited traffic volume. No such thing as a free lunch and all that. As someone who has been with them for 10 years is that a fairly recent promise or not?

For those that use webcams it suggests you could upload a HD image every few minutes with lots of views and would never be penalised. That's why I'm wary.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

RayProudfoot wrote:I'm always wary of companies that promise unlimited traffic volume. No such thing as a free lunch and all that.
You can be wary as much as you want... By the way, this is not a 'free lunch' as you specified - this is a paid service! :|
RayProudfoot wrote:As someone who has been with them for 10 years is that a fairly recent promise or not?
Is what a fairly recent promise! I am sorry but I do not understand the meaning of your question ... or was that just a sarcastic comment! :?

I have been with 1&1 for almost 10 years (as I wrote previously) and have had unlimited bandwidth (as without any limits on the number of bytes) probably for the past 4-5 years - 1&1 was one of the first north american hosting provider to offer unlimited bandwidth (traffic) - my service plans with 1&1 also include hosting multiple web sites, unlimited subdomains, unlimited web space, unlimited E-Mail accounts, unlimited FTP Accounts, unlimited MySQL databases, 24/7 phone and prompt E-mail support... I get what I pay for and more... ;)
RayProudfoot wrote:For those that use webcams it suggests you could upload a HD image every few minutes with lots of views and would never be penalised. That's why I'm wary.
Well, if you are so wary of the services offered by 1&1, why do you not just contact 1&1 and find out for yourself (or you can contact Ken True - some of his sites are hosted with 1&1)... :roll:
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

gemini06720 wrote: You can be wary as much as you want... By the way, this is not a 'free lunch' as you specified - this is a paid service! :|
Most companies have a cap. As 1&1 don't I chose, rightly or wrongly, to describe the unlimited cap as a 'free lunch'. I know it's a paid for service as I visited their site.
Is what a fairly recent promise! I am sorry but I do not understand the meaning of your question ... or was that just a sarcastic comment! :?

I have been with 1&1 for almost 10 years (as I wrote previously) and have had unlimited bandwidth (as without any limits on the number of bytes) probably for the past 4-5 years
You've supplied the answer, thanks. I don't do sarcastic.
Well, if you are so wary of the services offered by 1&1, why do you not just contact 1&1 and find out for yourself (or you can contact Ken True - some of his sites are hosted with 1&1)... :roll:
In due course I may well do.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

I though I would give it time to come back but after 10 days it had not. So last night I sent an email and they replied saying it has been resolved. My site is now online along with other Glovine free web hosting sites and FTP uploads are now working.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather