Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

HTML anomolies or has the newbie missed something?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

GlynH
Weather Station: Davis VP2+
Operating System: Pi 4B Buster

HTML anomolies or has the newbie missed something?

Post by GlynH »

Having had time to play around with Cumulus for a couple of days now I have found a couple of things that do not make sense to me - not hard I know... ;)

You will have to excuse me if I am missing something fundamental here as it could be in my ignorance I have missed something fundamental...

1. <#location> Even if the first letter of my location is Capitalized it is always displayed in lower case when I generate my webpages

2. The first letter in each & every word after <#location> is also displayed in lower case despite them also being in Capitals

3. If I set Update Interval to 1 minute it is displayed as 1 minutes and not 1 minute - petty I know but any feedback is good feedback right? ;)

4. There appears to be an error in the gauges.htm & gaugesT.htm where Front Page will generate a script error (means nothing to me) but it is displayed correctly in the browser. I think I saw something else in the forum about this from Beteljuice while searching. Must go and have another look...

5. On the CumulusRealTime.swf Shockwave/Flash thingy the text description 'Real time wind data' is left justified and on my webpage at least would be better if it were center aligned.

It would also be nice to get the date/time for the flash plug-in adjacent to the description...again real petty but it would be easier on the eye for me anyway...I am guessing I can't alter this myself can I? I do have CS3 Master here somewhere...

Reading the above sounds as if I am being critical but i am not...honest... :lol:

Thanks for listening...again!

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: HTML anomolies or has the newbie missed something?

Post by steve »

GlynH wrote:1. <#location> Even if the first letter of my location is Capitalized it is always displayed in lower case when I generate my webpages

2. The first letter in each & every word after <#location> is also displayed in lower case despite them also being in Capitals
It's in the CSS. Look for "text-transform: lowercase;"
3. If I set Update Interval to 1 minute it is displayed as 1 minutes and not 1 minute - petty I know but any feedback is good feedback right? ;)
Hard to do anything about without overly complex HTML. A bit of javascript would do it.
4. There appears to be an error in the gauges.htm & gaugesT.htm where Front Page will generate a script error (means nothing to me) but it is displayed correctly in the browser. I think I saw something else in the forum about this from Beteljuice while searching. Must go and have another look...
Not that I would trust anything that Front Page said, but it's probably the code for embedding the flash. It's not strictly 'proper', but I don't believe there are any better ways of doing it that will work in all browsers.
5. On the CumulusRealTime.swf Shockwave/Flash thingy the text description 'Real time wind data' is left justified and on my webpage at least would be better if it were center aligned.

It would also be nice to get the date/time for the flash plug-in adjacent to the description...again real petty but it would be easier on the eye for me anyway...I am guessing I can't alter this myself can I? I do have CS3 Master here somewhere...
Both of these are built in to the Flex/Flash. I don't have the development environment installed for those now, and I don't really plan to do any more with it anyway. It was just an experiment that I didn't get very far with. Anything like this I do in future I'll be doing in Silverlight, since Microsoft have been so nice to me :)

Steve
GlynH

Post by GlynH »

steve wrote:It's in the CSS. Look for "text-transform: lowercase;"
Found it under h1. Thanks.
I never noticed where h2 appeared on the webpages but I do seem to be learning quickly... :lol:

steve wrote:Hard to do anything about without overly complex HTML. A bit of javascript would do it.
Something for another day when I am more accomplished then... ;)

steve wrote:Not that I would trust anything that Front Page said, but it's probably the code for embedding the flash. It's not strictly 'proper', but I don't believe there are any better ways of doing it that will work in all browsers.
No worries...I did find that other post from Beteljuice but that referred to some of the lines not finishing with ; but all of mine were correct. The more I use Front Page the less I like it... :(

steve wrote:Both of these are built in to the Flex/Flash. I don't have the development environment installed for those now, and I don't really plan to do any more with it anyway. It was just an experiment that I didn't get very far with. Anything like this I do in future I'll be doing in Silverlight, since Microsoft have been so nice to me :)
At least Microsoft are nice to somebody! No worries...as I said it was petty anyway. Can't be bad if all I can find to question are as trivial as this! ;)

BTW I tried the <#humidx> but it doesn't seem to return a result. Not sure if I have the syntax correct or whether I have missed something else here... :?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

GlynH wrote:BTW I tried the <#humidx> but it doesn't seem to return a result.
I'd expect that. But does <#humidex> work? ;)

Steve
GlynH

Post by GlynH »

steve wrote:
GlynH wrote:BTW I tried the <#humidx> but it doesn't seem to return a result.
I'd expect that. But does <#humidex> work? ;)

Steve
Once again you are correct and I am stupid... :oops: :lol:

Yup...<#humidex> works... :D

I blame the onset of dyslexia myself... :lol:

I really need to slow down a bit...I am trying to run before I can walk...

I have just turned the aerial installers away so the sensor array will have to stay on the pole in the back garden until Monday when hopefully they will return with the correct bits :cry:

I even took down pictures of the sensor array, scanner antenna and the physical mounting hardware on Thursday so that they knew exactly what was needed... :roll:

Remind me again why I usually install kit myself? :)

Thanks and kind regards,
-=Glyn=-