Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP issues

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

ctccbc
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR100N
Operating System: Windows 7

FTP issues

Post by ctccbc »

All,
I'm brand new to Cumulus. I have created a php webpage and would like to populate it with the Cumulus php web tags. I have set up the cumuluswebtags.txt and cumuluswebtags.php in the Configuration tab. I have ftp set to go to my ftp site with a directory of /web. I would like to update the page every minute. So far, Cumulus produces a cumuluswebtags.txttmp file and ftp's that to my /web folder, but nothing else happens, no cumuluswebtags.php file ever appears on the server. When I run the web update by hand, it is giving permissions errors when it tries to STOR the cumuluswebtags.php file. Do I need to use the realtime.txt option at all? I have a php webpage running on data from WSDL at moreheadcityweather.com. Seems like I'm really close here, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
www.moreheadcityweather.com
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FTP issues

Post by steve »

If you turn on the ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file may give some clues. What ftp options have you set (rename, delete before upload etc)?
Steve
ctccbc
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR100N
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by ctccbc »

Hey Steve,
I do have ftp logging turned out and it says there is a permissions error when it tries to STOR cumuluswebtags.php . I changed the cumuluswebtags.php permissions to 666 then 777, after moving it onto the server by hand since its not being created anywhere. I do not have the delete before upload, but I had renaming turned on. I had active ftp and the update turned on for every minute. Thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Some ftp servers don't let you overwrite an existing file. You could try turning on 'delete before upload', and turning off ftp rename.
Steve