Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Web User

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Nels
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2095
Operating System: Windows 10

New Web User

Post by Nels »

First of all thanks for the brilliant software! I love Cumulus. :clap: I started using EasyWeather when I first got my weather station, but soon tired of it. I have been using Cumulus since July and have been thrilled. So this month I took the next step to get my data online.

Now the bad news - I followed the excellent instructions to get my Cumulus data on the web. I thought I followed them exactly, but obviously I did something wrong because the realtime gauges don't work (dials don't move and the data and time is blank at the bottom of the screen) and the trend graphs don't display at all. Also, when I tried to get the CumulusRealtime to work I just get a grey screen, nothing else ever loads.

My site is http://mysite.verizon.net/berkland/weather and the CumulusRealtime is at http://mysite.verizon.net/berkland/weat ... ltime.html

I would very much appreciate any help you can provide. I'm sure that I've just fat-fingered something, but I can't figure out what.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New Web User

Post by steve »

It looks like you have done everything correctly.

You have a realtime.txt file, but the Flash gauges seem to be unable to read it. This may be a restriction of your web space provider - but it's viewable in a browser; in the past when I've seen web space providers blocking .txt files, they can't be viewed in a browser.

The Silverlight application is giving this error:

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application
Code: 2104
Category: InitializeError
Message: Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings

Source File: http://mysite.verizon.net/berkland/weat ... ltime.html
Line: 53

This means that your web space provider has not configured their server to allow Silverlight applications. You can either ask them to do it, or as a circumvention you can try renaming the .xap file to something else (e.g. .zip) and changing the web page that loads it to correspond.

Some of your web graphs are there, so it looks like you have ftp problems - timeouts, possibly. If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file may be of some help.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Steve
Nels
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2095
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nels »

Oh well, the part that works without Silverlight is still great so I'm only a bit disappointed. I will follow-up with Verizon to see if they have any plans for Silverlight support.

Thanks for the quick response and thanks so much for all your work on Cumulus. It really is genius.