Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus 1.8.9 Realtime wind gauges

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Alan
Weather Station: WH1091
Operating System: Win 7

Cumulus 1.8.9 Realtime wind gauges

Post by Alan »

Does anybody know if it is at all possible to increase the size of the Cumulus 1.8.9 realtime wind gauges? I am wishing to dedicate these two gauges to just the one web page and suspect that I would need at least a 50% size increase. Thanks in advance.

Alan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus 1.8.9 Realtime wind gauges

Post by steve »

Which ones? The Flash ones?
gauges.png
I don't think it's possible, because the size is hard coded in. When I get chance to sort it out, I'm going to release the source code for those gauges, so that someone can improve them - they certainly need improving! Or, better still, someone could write some new ones :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

It would be good to see the source code :) I like the 3D look of your dials Steve :)

I wrote mine in Python and ImageMagick (which both have Windows versions I believe) though I'm not currently updating them as often as your Realtime dials.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Post by Synewave »

Steve,

If you are planning to release the code at some time, would it be possible to have the code for the wind gauges that are in your Cumulus Realtime page? If not, no worries.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Synewave wrote:If you are planning to release the code at some time, would it be possible to have the code for the wind gauges that are in your Cumulus Realtime page? If not, no worries.
No, I'm afraid not. I don't propose to release the source for any bits of Cumulus that I'm still working on.
Steve
Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Post by Synewave »

Ah yes, I forgot to realise that Cumulus Realtime is from Cumulus 2. As you say, maybe someone will write some new ones.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

steve wrote:I don't think it's possible, because the size is hard coded in. When I get chance to sort it out, I'm going to release the source code for those gauges, so that someone can improve them - they certainly need improving! Or, better still, someone could write some new ones :D
If you release the code, it should be trivial to recompile the existing Flash gauges so that they will auto-scale to the size specified in the HTML.