Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Is there history software out there,beyond high lows.

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

DrMD
Weather Station: NC265
Operating System: XP

Is there history software out there,beyond high lows.

Post by DrMD »

I was wondering if there is software out there that reads the data base that cumulus creates that could show other info.
Example not just the highest winds but also the least windy day, the windiest days(wind run), day`s in a row where it rained ,
predicted forecast from the last 3/6/12/24 hrs etc.
Those above are things I already did but I would also like to see last years weather for this day, as the data base grows.
Look at last years avgerage temp for the week as compared to this week, if I live long enough maybe even the hottest
and coldest week of years gone bye, even compare/look for past simuliar weather paterens to predict tommorows weather, just for the fun of it.
I started doing this thinking its not all that hard, finding the same results as cumulus, but as I go forward it gets a lot harder and harder, thats
why I am wondering if there is already something out there that does the same thing.
Also note I am not a programmer and GWBasic is it for me. This is just something that helps keeping me from going shack happy over the winter.
But if there is already something that does something simuliar I can find something else do.
If your wondering what I am up too/looking for something like, http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/darrenmacdonald/ , and click on test, but better.

Thanks Darren
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Re: Is there history software out there,beyond high lows.

Post by daj »

I started to pull together some further queries on my site. At the moment I have an option for "Today and Last year" which will show you todays readings against the same day a year ago. Next I intend to add a date picker to allow you to pick your own date.

I also have a "This years records" and last years -- note to self, must add that to web site. The main stumbling block is waiting until you have enough data to show anything useful,. I now have 17 months worth so I can start to do interesting things
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
DrMD

Post by DrMD »

Thanks Daj that was what I was talking about, just visited your site, very nice.
I am far from 17 months worth of data, and in testing I have messed up most of what I already have and at some point I`ll have to erase all data to date and start from scratch.
Daj is the software you have for collecting data available?
daj

Post by daj »

Just updated my site and added Yearly Summary

I only have complete 2009 records, but you can still review 2010 'so far' and 121 days of 2008!

http://www.grantownweather.co.uk/index.php?p=year
Daj is the software you have for collecting data available?
The data is collected by Cumulus. I simply store the 'dayfile' and monthly logs in an SQL database. When you visit my site the pages query the data live and produce the results. I am happy to share anything, but it require PHP and SQL on your web server
David
kippfordweather.uk
DrMD

Post by DrMD »

Thats exactly what I was trying to do.
Although I know what PHP is, sort off, and SQL data base is, using them is another thing, so thanks for the offer but I guess I better
stay with what I know even if it is limited.
I was grabbing the realtime files every minute which maybe over kill, and occasionally causes conflicts. Think I`ll take the hint about using
the day file and monthly files and see where that takes me.
Still some winter to go here yet so it will give me something to do. Thanks.
Mark007
Weather Station: IP Observer.
Operating System: Linux

Post by Mark007 »

Hi all,

Looking around, I came across this... http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index. ... 784.0.html

Super I thought, so set up an SQL table, and started to squirt data in...

attached afore mentioned code to query all the new data, with changes to match the diffrent labels etc...

However, whatever I try, I get MySQL died.

I guess it needs tweaking for Cumulus style data,

has anyone played with this, as it's now beyond me handling arrays etc.

Mark.
DrMD

Post by DrMD »

Mark did you see the third party software section, Daj has Tool Box software there with lots of features and is setup for Cumulus.
https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2291
Mark007
Weather Station: IP Observer.
Operating System: Linux

Post by Mark007 »

Hello,

Many thanks for pointing that out, I'd not caught up with that, and with an initial scan it can add some useful scripting for email alerts etc, something I was thinking about, but very much in the future.

Mark
daj

Post by daj »

Mark

What I am working on at the moment are a few scripts that can be run to import all the Cumulus data into an SQL database on your webserver. I do this already for my own site, but I want to make the scripts more friendly first.

The idea would be that you could use Cumulus Toolbox to automatically upload the data files to your webserver and then Toolbox would run the necessary scripts to import all the data
David
kippfordweather.uk
Master120
Weather Station: ws2350

Post by Master120 »

Hello

Also, I would like to have a temp. graph. for every month specific.
And an avrage temp calulated for every month.

J