Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Domain Name Issues

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Domain Name Issues

Post by Mapantz »

I had my domain name renewal last month, which I paid. The domain was due to run out on the 24th December.

At the end of December, I had an email to say my payment was overdue.. the same thing happened last year! I contacted the company, and they rectified the problem. This time, however, I haven't had a response.

The website is completely down, and it looks like they've basically gone bust and done a runner without telling anyone. The latest email from Nominet has told me that my domain name will stop working in 5 days..

I have no idea what to do? I'm completely stuffed!
mdbaines1
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Re: Domain Name Issues

Post by mdbaines1 »

As it's a .co.uk domain, you should be able to contact "nominet" the registrar and explain the situation, they should then be able to do what's necessary to allow you to transfer the domain to a new / different host. As long as you can prove you are the "owner" of the domain, there shouldn't be much of an issue.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Domain Name Issues

Post by Mapantz »

Thank you for the reply.

I did get it sorted, but it certainly wasn't straightforward!

Nominet charged me £12 to transfer it from Websound to GoDaddy. GoDaddy charged me £14 to renew it, plus the original £10 to Websound which was lost.

£36 for a major faff and headache. :(