Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Android app with Cumulus MX

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

picca
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Debian 11

Android app with Cumulus MX

Post by picca »

Hello everyone :)

In the past month i've been busy developing an hybrid android app using VueJS + Ionic framework for my pws wich use Cumulus MX + DavisVP2.

The app use MQTT for the "Nowcasting" view and php-crud-api interfacing to mysql db for the "Graph" and records pages.
What do you think about that? Wich feature that is important for you is missing? Any suggestions for more improvements?
Thank you.

For now the app is available in 2 langs: italian and, at 90% for now in english too (based on device locale) if you wanna test it on your device.

Someone interested if i go to release the code in the future?

P.s. I'm definitely not a web designer, so not very well-designed user interface/experience. Suggestions are welcome here too.

Andorid store for more screenshots (not released yet for iOS due to high developer licensing cost):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... noni.meteo

Image Image Image Image Image Image
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: Android app with Cumulus MX

Post by jlmr731 »

is there a way to change the station? would rather see my own info, do like the charts function and nice clean design
picca
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Debian 11

Re: Android app with Cumulus MX

Post by picca »

jlmr731 wrote: Tue 09 Nov 2021 12:39 am is there a way to change the station? would rather see my own info, do like the charts function and nice clean design
At the moment this function is not yet planned. The main reason is that the Cumulus MX must be configured in a specific way with regard to the MQTT settings and for the graphs it is also necessary to have php-api-crud working https://github.com/mevdschee/php-crud-api (nothing difficult, only 1 php file, but you need to have it to access the database used by Cumulus).

After that you need to recompile everything through Android Studio to generate the apk file.

If you are interested I can make the apk file for you once you configure MQTT in this** way and you have php-crud-api configured for your database.
(Or when I release the source code on github you can do it yourself if you have Android Studio running on your PC.)

Unfortunately, these things are needed to make it work. Sorry.

Write me if you need any help.

**MQTT config:

Code: Select all

{
    "topics": [
        {
            "topic": "CumulusMX/DataUpdate",
            "data": "{\"time\":\"<#timehhmmss>\",\"temp\":<#temp rc=y>,\"humidity\":<#hum>,\"wspeed\":<#wspeed>,\"wgust\":<#wgust rc=y>,\"windir\":\"<#currentwdir>\",\"percepiti\":<#apptemp>,\"press\":<#press>,\"rainrate\":<#rrate>,\"moonstate\":<#MoonPercentAbs>,\"moonphase\":\"<#moonphase>\",\"daylight\":\"<#daylightlength format=%H>\",\"dawn\":\"<#dawn>\"}",
            "retain": true
        }
    ]
}