Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA Monthly Reports errors, Version 3.12.1

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

peterjreid61
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

NOAA Monthly Reports errors, Version 3.12.1

Post by peterjreid61 »

All,
While I think I have had some errors for a while, I am only just exploring them with the upgrade to v3.12.1.

Cumulus now seems to be adding a decimal point to the monthly graph filename.

After upgrading from 3.11.3, none of the monthly reports load. If I regenerate they will load correctly. Year files seem to have no problem.
It appears that historically, for example, my filenames were in the format NOAAMOJul21.txt, now if I regenerate it becomes NOAAMOJul.21.txt with a period before the year.

My settings are "NOAAMO"MMMyy".txt" which I believe MMM to be month as three letters (Jul) and year as two numbers (21).

Additionally, I had to add some code to the noaarpts.js file to convert year as ## to month MMM, as the existing noaarpts.js file is trying to load the files as NOAAMO0721.txt despite my settings. Happy to keep that code and happy to share it.

Have I got some settings wrong. Can provide any configs or logs if required.
Regards, Peter
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: NOAA Monthly Reports errors, Version 3.12.1

Post by mcrossley »

The standard settings use a two digit month value, your settings are using a month abbreviation, so the standard scripts will have to be modified to work with them.

The month abbreviation is generated by Mono if you are running on rPi.
The new versions of Mono changed the month abbreviations for some locales to include a period at the end of the month name :(
peterjreid61
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Re: NOAA Monthly Reports errors, Version 3.12.1

Post by peterjreid61 »

Makr,
Many thanks as always.
I changed my settings to MM and regenerated all reports.
Working fine.

Regards,
Peter