Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New to forum

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

brookr
Weather Station: Vanatge Pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 10

New to forum

Post by brookr »

Hi everyone
I mention I am new, but not entirely. It's a few years since I was on here: Not that I don't like the forum or anything like that. I just fell out with my web host and never bothered to set another one up. I've now subscribed with Go Daddy so I'm hoping t hat they are up to scratch and free of hassle. However, I'm afraid I'm rather clueless at setting up a cumulus, website, especially after such a long break. I did get help on here before from someone who set all my dials, to all the steel type one's. Would someone be kind enough to lead the way into getting me up and running again. Much appreciated. Please start from a novice perspective and assume I know nothing about websites! :bash: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by brookr on Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brookr
Weather Station: Vanatge Pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: New to forum

Post by brookr »

It was the steel gauges that I got help with. I see looking down the posts , that these are still going! :D
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi brookr,
If you have a Cumulus compatible weather station it should be quite simple.
With Windows you can still use original Cumulus1, and also CumulusMX. With Raspberry PI you can use CumulusMX.

Download either of the programs, and unzip. CumulusMX runs a bit different than Cumulus1.
For CumulusMX go to your \CumulusMX folder and Run Cumulus.exe as Administrator (right click on CumulusMX.exe). After a few seconds the program will start in a DOS screen and when completed, as noted in that DOS screen (do not shut down this CumulusMX DOS screen but you can minimize and the program will run in the background), open a browser window and enter localhost:8998 and the CumulusMX dashboard will display. On initial start you will need to do the set up under the Settings tab. You may need to stop and restart CumulusMX so that the program reads the initial station settings you have entered.

Once CumulusMX is running you can set it to upload to your website using the standard Cumulus template as you may already be familiar with, very similar way that Cumulus1 uploads.
In Cumulus1 you had to add the steelseries gauges as an extra but in CumulusMX it is built in so much simpler. CumulusMX uploads to the same sites as Cumulus1 and also some additional such as Weathercloud, Windy, and it can use more stations as well - i.e. Weatherlink Live, Ecowitt GW1000.

There are newer website templates that work with Cumulus such as the UI-MX and Cumulusutils. Separate sections here on the forum for these.

If you run in difficulty the Wiki is very helpful or pst your specific issue.Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

From your introduction post sounds like you already have Cumulus1 running so have gone through the basics. CumulusMX is a bit different but no more difficult.
If you've forgotten on what needs to be uploaded to your website the Wiki will be very helpful, but basically -
FTP the contents of \Cumulus\wefiles or CumulusMX\webfiles to your hosting site (suggest to use the free program Filezilla) root folder or subfolder i.e. yourdomain.uk or yourdomain.uk/weather
Complete Cumulus or CumulusMX settings and include the internet FTP settings, and enable Include standard files and Images.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm