Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wind speeds

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Wind speeds

Post by G6GUH »

Hi, My wind speeds are displaying in kph but my wing speed gauge is displaying in mph as it should do, I suspect that somewhere in the wind speeds module there is a setting which needs changing but I cannot find it. I am using CumulusMX vb3082 and BCJKiwi web page.

I am not sure when this started to happen so cannot put it down to a particular release, it may have been like it for a long while.

Any suggestions please!

regards Pete

http://www.cardingmillweather.co.uk/MX/
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Re: Wind speeds

Post by Dennisdg »

Pete, Just looked at your site. All wind speeds look as if they are displaying mph. Can't see kph anywhere?

I see your temps are in F now..I guess you are tinkering.

Dennis
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

G6GUH wrote: Sun 14 Jun 2020 8:32 am Hi, My wind speeds are displaying in kph
Where?

Do you mean the numbers are wrong? They are a similar magnitude to mine, and Cardingmill valley I know well (as pre lockdown it was a frequent spot to visit less than 1/2 hour drive from me).

Labels of mph appear on dashboard page, gauges page, now page, today/yesterday, and then I gave up looking for labels saying kph.

Perhaps you have cured the problem now, it is a while since you posted?

As Dennis says, you must be playing with settings somehow.
G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by G6GUH »

Yes have been trying different things but cannot seem to change the readings. The problem is with the dashboard, the wind speeds display is showing the maximum gust in kph. The wind speed iCal is correct, the max is shown as 8mph but in the wind gust display it is shown as 14.5 mph. So it looks as the highest gust is shown as kph. The unit display is ok as it is shown as mph.

You don’t want to come to Carding Mill Valley today, the car parks are full and there are loads of people walking up, been like it most weekends since the valley open again!

Regards Pete
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Also your Dashboard is showing some very high tempetatures! Looks like they are Fahrenheit even though showing the centigrade symbol. Your Cloudbase image shows the correct C temperature for 64.9 F.
Have you change something in ajaxCUmx.js ? var useunits = 'M'; or 'E' perhaps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit