Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Temperature Text Colour

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Temperature Text Colour

Post by Mapantz »

I tried a search on here, but searches don't seem to work for me.

I've also had trawl on stackoverflow and can't find anything.

I want to experiment in making a new style home page and show various data that is colour coded

For example;

30°C
9.3°C
0°C
-5°C

etc..

Here's a page of colours that I would use to correspond to the temps: https://warehamwx.co.uk/colour_example.php

The trouble is, I get my values like this <td><span class="ajax" id="temp"></td> so I don't know how to go about it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Temperature Text Colour

Post by beteljuice »

You are using smb_ajax.js ? - you are on your own !

You would need to break into the 'loop', check for id="temp", then check against value for color and add that style to the html content.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

ah yes, the dreaded smb ajax!

Is it possible to do updates of data like smb, but with PHP? I've got all of the tags I use on my site being uploaded in to a PHP file.
beteljuice

Crunching Data Numbers ...

Post by beteljuice »

I wasn't ignoring this ....

You gave an example of changing text colour of any temp value, then you gave a link to an example with changed background colours, then you gave a html example of a multi-span ajax call !

Hmpph .. How to tackle this ?
CSS3 / SASS although being able to create / prepend / append element content, can't actually 'see' it to do any calc( ) type stuff.

So ... Something to inspect content with numbers and perform some actions, In this case change colour(s).

If any one is interested a new beteljuice plaything.
It changes the background and text colour of the PARENT element of the data element for Mapantz custom temp range and colours.
Colours can easily be reversed or you could use the guts of the code to eg. change data units.
Or eg. create an alert at some predetermined data (numeric* or string) value.
* any numeric value MUST be at the start of the data (unless you know what you're doing ;) )

It copes with static (hard-code, PHP, <#webtags>) and dynamic (ajax) content as long as the 'numeric' value is the first part of the data construct.
You may need to be a bit more creative with your containing elements and or style, but nothing too drastic :?
It won't be able to cope with 3rd party 'injects' where you can't alter the containing elements ..

Edit; It's pretty much an updated version of what Pintos original ajax does. We trawl the page for named class(es) and perform some action ...

So let me know if there is interest and I'll neaten-up / post the code.
Last edited by beteljuice on Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

OK Map - you've had the chance with your personal colours ... :?
Above link now works across a more realistic temperature range of -50 > +50 (using colours as in Yet Another Dayfile Reader) ;)
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Re: Crunching Data Numbers ...

Post by forestedge »

beteljuice wrote: Thu 12 Dec 2019 2:47 pm If any one is interested a new beteljuice plaything.
It changes the background and text colour of the PARENT element of the data element for Mapantz custom temp range and colours.
Colours can easily be reversed or you could use the guts of the code to eg. change data units.
Or eg. create an alert at some predetermined data (numeric* or string) value.
* any numeric value MUST be at the start of the data (unless you know what you're doing ;) )

It copes with static (hard-code, PHP, <#webtags>) and dynamic (ajax) content as long as the 'numeric' value is the first part of the data construct.
Hi, I am trying to use this for webtag current temperature but no success so far with colours! Do I need to adapt the script?

Using Wordpress, hence the use of [insert_php] statement.

Code: Select all

<span style= "display: inline-block; width: 120px; text-align: center; border: 1px solid black;">
<span class= "Tcol" style= "font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold;">[insert_php] echo $temp.$tempunit; [/insert_php] </span>
Many Thanks
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

That little bit seems OK

A link to a test page ??
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

beteljuice wrote: Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:23 pm A link to a test page ??
https://www.tottonweather.co.uk/testpage/ I have added the 3 examples but they do not look like yours! My preferred option is the first one with a dynamic update and coloured background.
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

the beteljuice has NEVER seen a 'basic' page with so much javascript and js calls in it :shock:
Is that because of wordpress ?

together with something has inserted html <p> etc. into the code section (perhaps also wordpress)

Your page IS loading jQuery, and also doing a check in the footer ... (but they are both a very early version)

So there is no need for the first line in my code.

In fact you can remove all this:

Code: Select all

// *** CHECK FOR JQUERY 
!window.jQuery && document.write(unescape('%3Cscript src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js" integrity="sha256-CSXorXvZcTkaix6Yvo6HppcZGetbYMGWSFlBw8HfCJo=" crossorigin="anonymous"%3E%3C/script%3E'));

// when and how to fire this function ?
// rather than event bubblers for individual changes, thinking bog standard time loop ....
// in that way we can ignore ajax and in max two loops any font colour will be correct
// and we save a lot of processor work !
I recommend you use Notepad++ to edit and paste into your page to circumvent any unwanted intervention by wordpress.

See if that fixes things ...
first one with a dynamic update
It can only be a dynamic update if you are using js ajax to update the element content from realtime.txt or similar ;)