Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cleaning the errorlog

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Cleaning the errorlog

Post by HansR »

I am kind of allergic to redundant messages, even warning messages should not display if they do not really add something. Either you correct something or you don't. In the last case I do not wish to see a message. A message implies action, there is something wrong. If not fatal, it still is not correct. So at a certain moment I found out that the server errorlog had too many errors. Too many means hundreds. Most of these were PHP errors and they were probably induced by changing to PHP 7.3, but they meant errors anyway. Some were announced to be fatal in future. Errors means loss of performance and maybe even functionality, although it is sometimes difficult to see.

So I set out to correct the errors and for some I created a message, for some I created another message and I even send out email to Murry Conarroe of WildWood weather. Responses were quick and to the point.

So now, after roughly two weeks I have an empty error log, while before there were literally hundreds of messages per hour.
It feels lightweight, it gives understanding of code and the whole site in general, it refreshes the site.

It was a good idea, would advice it to anyone who runs a PHP site.
But even if you don't and have just plain HTML, it may do good to sometime take a peek at the server logs.
(For Apache I use Apache Logs Viewer, I don't know about other servers)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3