(risk areas e.g. are semi-arid regions like NSW Australia or the coasts around the Mediterranean, but today even the polar circle is a risk!)
Cumulusutils is a utility which supplies (more or less) simple HTML formatted functions for websites, which are otherwise more difficult to get. All modules can be seen operational on my site with (Utils) indicated in the menu.
Read the ReadMe (in the distribution) for information on how to use. For now it has the following functionalities to offer:
- A Fire Weather Index specially designed for personal weather stations (see scientific background and other blogs).
- A top 10 list of relevant weather record for your station
- System info display
- Graphing the data
- A map of Cumulus installations (only those who participate)
- Yet Another Dayfile Reader (Yadr)
- NOAA reports display
- Day Records
NOTE: the Maps module makes use of an XML file residing on the domain meteo-wagenborgen.nl. Anybody who runs the Maps module on a higher frequency than 4 hours will be banned from that domain and will not be able to use the Maps module. Irregular running on higher frequency for testing purposes is permitted. Thank you for your co-operation.
NOTE: It appears that CumulusUtils does not run on lower versions of Mono. When upgrading, some parts of Cumulus won't run because of a design issue with the locale. I did design a solution, but there is also being worked on a version 4 of Cumulus. As that has been given priority some patience is needed. Watch out for messages by @mcrossley on this issue.
NOTE: Version 2.4.1 is the same as 2.4.0 but I added the graph Clash Of Averages belonging to this discussion (anything higher than 2.4.1 will do ). No guarantee this graph will be there in all future versions. The AverageClash parameter in the ini-file is default false. Set it to true if you wish to see the graph!
The following things changed:
version 2.4.6 (25/3/2020)
- Added the command CheckOnly, to only check the dayfile.txt for errors. Any detected error can be found in the logfile. The default for the iniparameter IgnoreDataErrors has been changed to TRUE. ToDo-list: add range checks on dayfile values.
- Added ini parameter GeneratejQueryInclude in the section General. Current default value is true.
- The ini-section [Data] has been moved to [General] (see the README) (you can remove the [Data] section manually).
- Maps: Added try/catch error handling for an irregular occurrence of a fault while looping through the XML data structure. At a failure in the XML file, CumulusUtils aborts so other modules in the same command won't be executed. You may rerun without the Mapson command to accomplish other modules. If you run Maps and it fails, please report in a PM and send the logfile with the report.
- WIP: the above points concerning the ini-file are related to the construction of a new website which will become part of CumulusUtils but also as a module. CumulusUtils will always exist as a module generator for other websites, but in the end a standard website will become part of it. Some minor changes may occur in the near future in preparation, but before the website will be available. A preview of the website can be seen.