Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Yearly records table

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Yearly records table

Post by billy »

On my wish-list are some tables that are similar to the standard "this year's highs and lows" but document the values for this and each previous year. The rows would be years and the columns various max, min or totals. I'm guessing there would need to be separate tables for the various sorts of measures - eg temperature/humidity, rainfall, wind and pressure. And I would include some measures not in the "this year's" table, such as total rainfall and number of wet days.

The data would be extracted from a SQL database.

What I have in mind would be complementary to beletjuice's dayfile reader, but rather than focussing on days, months and seasons, it would focus on yearly records/values.

Before I go any further with this idea, I want to make sure I wouldn't be reinventing the wheel and therefore wasting my time. So do such tables/scripts already exist? That would be my preference :D but so far my searching hasn't discovered them.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Yearly records table

Post by beteljuice »

It sounds rather like Yet Another Dayfile Reader

This isn't mysql, although Mark Crossley does have a version ...
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I have figured out how to get the data from mysql dayfile but getting it pretty is another thing www.komokaweather.com/mysql/yearly-data-test1.php

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Post by billy »

beteljuice wrote: Tue 13 Aug 2019 3:05 pm It sounds rather like Yet Another Dayfile Reader
Yes exactly - except a focus on yearly extremes as the output rather than for days/months/seasons. I guess it could be done by adding a third page ("yearly") but the column formatting would be fundamentally different to the "daily" and "seasonal" pages which both have columns classifying months. Would adapting the current dayfile reader to deal with a different set of column classifications (eg all temperature related or rainfall or wind etc) be a step too far?
PaulMy wrote: Tue 13 Aug 2019 4:03 pm I have figured out how to get the data from mysql dayfile but getting it pretty is another thing www.komokaweather.com/mysql/yearly-data-test1.php
That's what I had in mind - and yes, extracting the values is the easy bit, the formatting being the real challenge - at least for the learning amateur.

I guess these two replies are really telling me there isn't anything out there "off the shelf" ;) . I am mainly driven by rainfall statistics that have useful/interesting yearly summaries which are not produced by the dayfile reader, so I will probably have a go at that first.
sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Post by sutne »

billy wrote: Wed 14 Aug 2019 9:23 am I am mainly driven by rainfall statistics that have useful/interesting yearly summaries which are not produced by the dayfile reader, so I will probably have a go at that first.
I am also missing total rainfall for each year. With the latest version of Yet Another Dayfile Reader we have total for every month but not total for each year.
In fact there is nowhere in Cumulus we have this total, it only accumulates during the year, but at the end of the year it is reset for next year.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Re. YADR ...

It would be a bit of headache to code for Min / Max ALL data concurrently (and I've had enough headaches with it recently !) - perhaps in another eight years time :groan:

Presentation-wise I think it would be a new page / table and ....

... what's wrong with scrolling horizontally (can be done by scroll-bar AND / OR grab and swipe) ;)
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

In fact there is nowhere in Cumulus we have this total, it only accumulates during the year, but at the end of the year it is reset for next year.
It is available from the Cumulus console [View] [This Year] and select the year in the year pull down, at least up to 2020 ;)
I presume the only way to get the yearly totals in a script or website is by extracting and calculating from dayfile or Mmyylog files.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm