Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA Reports

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

kwallace
Weather Station: vantage pro
Operating System: windows 7

NOAA Reports

Post by kwallace »

How can I get the NOOA current month and year reports to go daily into a local folder (NOAA) on the same system Cumulus is running on?
I don't want to use PHP . I saw somewhere just to specify a local path and uncheck Auto FTP, but that does not seen to work.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: NOAA Reports

Post by PaulMy »

For my Cumulus1 I have always had the NOAA settings as "Auto save" and "Auto FTP" so all the month and year files are FTP and also placed in the Cumulus\Records folder (I had actually forgotten until yesterday that this Cumulus\Reports folder exists).

For my CumulusMX I had not set up the NOAA settings so nothing has been FTP or saved and don't have a CumulusMX\Reports folder so my assumption is that all you would need to do is set to "Auto save after daily reset" and Cumulus will create the Cumulus\Reports folder and save the files daily. I will know tomorrow if that works as I've just did that setting in my CumulusMX.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Well that didn't work completely. CumulusMX tried to create the reports but, from the MXdiags, couldn't save it as the CumulusMX\Reports\ folder didn't exist. Looks like it doesn't create the folder.
2019-03-14 00:00:01.580 Creating NOAA monthly report for March 13, 2019
2019-03-14 00:00:02.441 Saving monthly report as Reports\NOAAMO0319.txt
2019-03-14 00:00:02.644 Error creating NOAA reports: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\added_programs\CumulusMX_version_folders\CumulusMXDist3047-20190203\CumulusMX\Reports\NOAAMO0319.txt'.
I have now created it and will see tomorrow if it will save the reports in CumulusMX\Reports\ which I suspect it will.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

That worked.

In CumulusMX Settings NOAA settings
Tick "Auto save after daily reset" - make sure you have created a \CumulusMX\Records folder, and CumulusMX will save the file at daily reset
Tick 'Auto FTP after auto save" and Cumulus will FTP to your remote site.

For prior months or years Cumulus1 can recreate the reports from View tab, NOAA Monthly or Yearly, set the period, Update the display, and save. I can't see this function in CumulusMX, but the reports from Cumulus1 and CumulusMX are identical.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

How can I get the NOOA current month and year reports to go daily into a local folder (NOAA) on the same system Cumulus is running on?
I don't want to use PHP . I saw somewhere just to specify a local path and uncheck Auto FTP, but that does not seen to work.
So, make sure you have a \CumulusMX\Reports folder, tick "Auto save at daily reset" and that should put the reports in that folder with the name format you have in the NOAA settings.

If you wanted the files in another folder you could use the Extra web files function in CumulusMX by entering the source (i.e. \CumulusMX\Reports\NOAAxxxx.txt) and remote (\yourlocalfolder\yourfilename.txt), set to process, but not FTP, and tick End of Day.
Note: I have used End of Day but only with FTP so not sure if it would work the same without FTP.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Thanks for finding this Paul, I've updated the download Zip file to include an empty "Reports" folder now.