Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.3.0 build 3063 - 10 January 2020.
    Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

    See the Wiki for downloading either version.

    Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

    Moderator: daj

    Post Reply
    geoffw
    Posts: 423
    Joined: Fri 08 May 2009 3:12 pm
    Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Location: Pembrokeshire West Wales UK
    Contact:

    Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by geoffw » Fri 20 Apr 2018 2:48 pm

    I've downloaded and installed Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template to try.

    I think I've followed all the instructions and I double checked I'm pointing it the setup to the active realtime.txt file in Cumulus. The dashboard has installed but in it failing to read the data fro realtime.txt. Any suggestions. My website is reading it with no difficulty.
    Geoff
    Image

    weatherist34
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2016 11:09 am
    Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
    Operating System: OSX High Sierra
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by weatherist34 » Fri 20 Apr 2018 3:17 pm

    geoffw wrote:I've downloaded and installed Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template to try.

    I think I've followed all the instructions and I double checked I'm pointing it the setup to the active realtime.txt file in Cumulus. The dashboard has installed but in it failing to read the data fro realtime.txt. Any suggestions. My website is reading it with no difficulty.
    hello always provide a url things will get resolved fixed a lot quicker . if you dont want to share the url then just pm me the url and password which you can change anytime .

    cumulus version is probably the most stable out of all versions available as there is no change in the realtime.txt structure .

    bria.

    geoffw
    Posts: 423
    Joined: Fri 08 May 2009 3:12 pm
    Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Location: Pembrokeshire West Wales UK
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by geoffw » Sat 21 Apr 2018 7:30 am

    Brian thanks for solving my problem via your own website. Just re-read my very confusing post title!!!!

    Basically, I couldn't get CUMULUS Dashboard CU-X7 to read my 'realtime.txt' file. Brian quickly noted it was an issue with my server not reading the paths correctly.

    Very quick and effective support, and an excellent interface. Many thanks again.
    Geoff
    Image

    weatherist34
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2016 11:09 am
    Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
    Operating System: OSX High Sierra
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by weatherist34 » Sat 21 Apr 2018 8:46 am

    geoffw wrote:Brian thanks for solving my problem via your own website. Just re-read my very confusing post title!!!!

    Basically, I couldn't get CUMULUS Dashboard CU-X7 to read my 'realtime.txt' file. Brian quickly noted it was an issue with my server not reading the paths correctly.

    Very quick and effective support, and an excellent interface. Many thanks again.
    good morning

    i just tweaked it all for you so you should see everything running fine now . only thing to note due to how your server is configured for paths it cant use the template fonts so it will only display whatever the viewers operating system browser default font is used.

    other than that have fun .. as i said before once setup cumulus is the most stable version.


    brian

    geoffw
    Posts: 423
    Joined: Fri 08 May 2009 3:12 pm
    Weather Station: Oregon WMR200
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Location: Pembrokeshire West Wales UK
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by geoffw » Sat 21 Apr 2018 9:47 am

    Thanks, Brian, one more question when you have a moment. I have edited "webcamsmall.php" (see below) hoping to link to my webcam but without success.

    ********************************************
    <style>
    .webcam{
    -webkit-border-radius:4px; -moz-border-radius:4px; -o-border-radius:4px; -ms-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;border:solid RGBA(84, 85, 86, 1.00) 2px;width:275px;height:145px;margin:2px;}
    </style>
    <!-- HOMEWEATHER STATION TEMPLATE SIMPLE WEBCAM -add your url as shown below do NOT delete the class='webcam' !!! -->
    <img src="https://icons.wunderground.com/webcamra ... sion=<?php echo filemtime("https://icons.wunderground.com/webcamra ... urrent.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">
    </span>


    <style>
    .webcam{
    -webkit-border-radius:4px; -moz-border-radius:4px; -o-border-radius:4px; -ms-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;border:solid RGBA(84, 85, 86, 1.00) 2px;width:275px;height:145px;margin:2px;}
    </style>
    <!-- HOMEWEATHER STATION TEMPLATE SIMPLE WEBCAM -add your url as shown below do NOT delete the class='webcam' !!! -->
    <img src="http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg<?php echo filemtime("http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

    </span>
    Geoff
    Image

    weatherist34
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2016 11:09 am
    Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
    Operating System: OSX High Sierra
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by weatherist34 » Sat 21 Apr 2018 4:44 pm

    geoffw wrote:Thanks, Brian, one more question when you have a moment. I have edited "webcamsmall.php" (see below) hoping to link to my webcam but without success.

    ********************************************
    <style>
    .webcam{
    -webkit-border-radius:4px; -moz-border-radius:4px; -o-border-radius:4px; -ms-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;border:solid RGBA(84, 85, 86, 1.00) 2px;width:275px;height:145px;margin:2px;}
    </style>
    <!-- HOMEWEATHER STATION TEMPLATE SIMPLE WEBCAM -add your url as shown below do NOT delete the class='webcam' !!! -->
    <img src="https://icons.wunderground.com/webcamra ... sion=<?php echo filemtime("https://icons.wunderground.com/webcamra ... urrent.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">
    </span>


    <style>
    .webcam{
    -webkit-border-radius:4px; -moz-border-radius:4px; -o-border-radius:4px; -ms-border-radius:4px;border-radius:4px;border:solid RGBA(84, 85, 86, 1.00) 2px;width:275px;height:145px;margin:2px;}
    </style>
    <!-- HOMEWEATHER STATION TEMPLATE SIMPLE WEBCAM -add your url as shown below do NOT delete the class='webcam' !!! -->
    <img src="http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg<?php echo filemtime("http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

    </span>
    <img src="http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg<?php echo filemtime("http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

    to

    <img src="http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg?version=<?php echo filemtime("http://www.winterman.org.uk/image1.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

    easily done you missed out the ?version=

    this basically stops your browser from storinging a cached. ereion and always delivers a fresh image .

    hope it helps

    User avatar
    ConligWX
    Posts: 751
    Joined: Mon 19 May 2014 10:45 pm
    Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus +DFARS
    Operating System: MeteoBridge Nano SD
    Location: Bangor, NI
    Contact:

    Re: Problemwith View first unread post Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

    Post by ConligWX » Thu 26 Apr 2018 7:43 am

    I found you have to use the full url of the realtime.txt file

    ie: http://websitename/realtime.txt (or https)

    using a shortened version doesnt work in most cases. - ./realtime.txt etc.

    can you confirm your using the full URL?
    Regards Simon

    https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
    Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus + DFARS - Meteobrige Nano SD + Saratoga Templates

    Post Reply