Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Editing index.htm

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

RWDF1
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: windows 10

Editing index.htm

Post by RWDF1 »

Trying to change the layout slightly. I am trying to edit the index.htm or indexT.htm

I want to do away with the welcome to..... and put the forcast into <h2> tags and center it.

I do that on the indexT.htm page, it has no effect on the website. If I change the index.htm file it shows what I want on the website, until the weather station updates and it reverts back to the original layout.

I know its probably something simple to sort so any help would be great.

Thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Editing index.htm

Post by steve »

If you're editing the indexT.htm file in the Cumulus web folder, and assuming that you are using the standard pages (you have 'include standard pages' selected, and you're not overriding that via the extra files, then I don't know why that isn't working. You don't have Cumulus installed under 'program files', do you?

You could perhaps attach your modified indexT.htm file from the Cumulus web folder here (zip it first), and also give a link to your web site, that might prove useful.
Steve
RWDF1

Post by RWDF1 »

the website is http://www.maybole-weather.com I have attached the file and a few photos of my settings.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If that's definitely from the Cumulus web folder on your PC, then Cumulus is using an indexT.htm file from somewhere else on your PC, for some reason. The only explanations I can think of are that you have more than one Cumulus installation, or you have installed Cumulus under Program Files.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've just noticed that you have uploaded indexT.htm to your web site, for some reason. Is that the file that you're editing, rather than the one on your PC? The template files do not belong on your web site. Instructions for setting up your web site, including the files you need to upload (the contents of the webfiles folder) are here - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Simple_Website_setup. Instructions for modifying the standard template files are here - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Customised_templates
Steve
RWDF1

Post by RWDF1 »

Got it now.

I was editing the index files via the cpanel of my hosts, like I have done with any other website I have made. I did not realise it came from the folder on my laptop. edited that and it works. Which was why it was ok when I saved it, but reverted back to the original when it updated itself.

Knew it would be something simple and silly, thank you for your help.