Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Does Cumulus currently produce an XML file?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Does Cumulus currently produce an XML file?

Post by daj »

Steve (or anyone with knowledge of this!)....

Does Cumulus output an XML file? I've searched the help and checked my data folder and all the config screen to no avail, however on a website (TNET) I found this line...
....uses the Cumulus XML export datafile system to obtain its data rather than being totally parsed by Cumulus and uploaded each time.
:?:
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Does Cumulus currently produce an XML file?

Post by steve »

It doesn't, but one can easily be generated using web tags, and I think that's what Kevin's XML stuff must do.
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

Thanks -- I will create one. I just did not want to do it if one was hiding somewhere!
David
kippfordweather.uk
MarkB
Weather Station: Elecsa 6975 (Fine Offset)

Post by MarkB »

daj

Post by daj »

Thanks Mark

I'm looking for one containing all the webtags.

PS -- What about doing a write up in the Wiki on your realtime XML? :)
David
kippfordweather.uk
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It did contain all of the webtags up until about June this year!

I've been away for a little while and now need to play a bit of catch-up with Steve - the wiki did not even exist the last time I was here. I'll maybe add the missing ones over the next few days and update the wiki.

It's dead easy to add the missing ones (assuming you know what they are!) by following the structure in the XML template file if you wanted to do it yourself...
daj

Post by daj »

MarkB wrote:It did contain all of the webtags up until about June this year!
Oh dear!
It's dead easy to add the missing ones (assuming you know what they are!) by following the structure in the XML template file if you wanted to do it yourself...
They are all listed here http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/index.php?title=Webtags

I was thinking of doing a PHP variable list and an XML equivalent. Once I have eaten I will give it a bash
David
kippfordweather.uk
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=832 is now updated with a new version of the XML template which contains all of the webtags listed in the same order as the Cumulus Wiki Webtags entry.
daj

Post by daj »

Great

I will try and pull together a little Wiki article tonight and you can perhaps review it

Thanks
David
kippfordweather.uk
daj

Post by daj »

David
kippfordweather.uk
TNETWeather

Post by TNETWeather »

The process that I am/was using was to create a tag file that was output to the unix side kin of how markb is doing it, though it is more like php code.

I have a php script that would pick that up in real time and generate on the fly an XML file. It also provided documentation at the same time if you called the php script with options.

The XML side worked okay, but I was having strange results which I think are more due to the configuration that I have rather than the script itself.

Unfortunately, this has been a crushingly busy year... since before January, I've been absolutely swamped. About the only thing I've kept up on is request for the Cumulus User map which is easy since I can do that with my cell phone if needed. Economy may be bad, but it has not effected my business, never been so busy.

I will say that Cumulus has been rock solid since I have basically not touched the workstation for long stretches of time without any real issues. The only problem is tha I've had to cull the realtime.log files from time to time which I do on the 5th of each month.

I am upgrading my server here shortly and might have some breathing room soon to do some more playing...

Current php output:

http://cumulus.tnetweather.com/cumulus-xml.php

Used with an option ?desc it was a self-documented output

http://cumulus.tnetweather.com/cumulus-xml.php?desc

The tag file it reads is like this on the Cumulus side...

Code: Select all

$FIELDS = array (
    'formatver'         => array ( '1.2', 
                        'NOT A TAG. This is the version of this configuration file.' ),
    'version'           => array ( '<#version>', 
                        'The version of Cumulus in use' ) ,
    'build'             => array ( '<#build>', 'The build of Cumulus in use' ),
    'generated'         => array ( '<#shortdayname>, <#day> <#shortmonthname> <#year> <#hour>:<#minute> -0700', 'Generated Date' ) ,
    'date'              => array ( '<#date>', 'The current date.' ) ,
    'time'              => array ( '<#time>', 'The current date and time' ),
    'hour'              => array ( '<#hour>',    'The current hour as a 2-digit number.' ),
    'minute'            => array ( '<#minute>', 'The current minute as a 2-digit number.' ),
    'day'               => array ( '<#day>', 'The current day as a 2-digit number.' ),
    'dayname'           => array ( '<#dayname>', 'The current day as a word.' ),
    'shortdayname'      => array ( '<#shortdayname>', 'The current day as a shortened word' ),
    'shortmonthname'    => array ( '<#shortmonthname>',  'The current month as a shortened word.' ),
    'month'             => array ( '<#month>',   'The current month as a 2-digit number' ),
    'monthname'         => array ( '<#monthname>',       'The current month as a word.' ),
    'year'              => array ( '<#year>',    'The current year as a 4-digit number.' ),
    'shortyear'         => array ( '<#shortyear>', 'The current year as a 2-digit number.' ),

'stationtype'       => array ( '<#stationtype>', 'The type of station in use' ),
    'recordsbegandate'  => array ( '<#recordsbegandate>', 'The date that the all time records began' ),
    'graphperiod'       => array ( '<#graphperiod>',     'The number of hours displayed by the graphs' ),
    'rollovertime'      => array ( '<#rollovertime>',        'Data Roll overtime as in Midnight or 9am' ),
    'update'            => array ( '<#update>',      'WThe date and time of the last web site update' ),
    'location'          => array ( '<#location>', 'The station location' ),
Which the cumulus-xml.php script parsed to do what it does...

When used in a script, you ended up with an array which had a unique id_name to reference them by which is how some of my scripts are working.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

TNETWeather wrote:Unfortunately, this has been a crushingly busy year... since before January, I've been absolutely swamped.
Hi Kevin, and welcome back :)
About the only thing I've kept up on is request for the Cumulus User map which is easy since I can do that with my cell phone if needed.
It hasn't gone un-noticed, many thanks for that.
Economy may be bad, but it has not effected my business, never been so busy.
I'm pleased it's something good that's kept you away!

Steve