Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

realtime.txt not updating

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

tcsplinters
Weather Station: Fine Offset
Operating System: Win 7

realtime.txt not updating

Post by tcsplinters »

I have a problem that the realtime.txt file is not being updated on my website. The file is being updated in cumulus.

However the website one is not. All the other files are being updated correctly. I have read the forums, and have checked the three options for realtime
Namely
Enable Realtime
Enable Reatime ftp
Enable Realtime.txt ftp
Restarted Cumulus

Done a manual ftp.

Still it doesn't update.

Is there anything else missing?

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: realtime.txt not updating

Post by steve »

The most likely reason is that you have specified the 'directory' incorrectly in the settings. If you specify an invalid directory, it is possible for the 'normal' uploads to work if in fact you don't need to specify a directory at all, but in this situation the realtime.txt file will fail to upload as the path will not exist.

If you are sure that you do need to specify a directory, and you have specified it correctly, turn on ftp logging, and the realtimeftplog.txt file should give some help with what is going wrong.
Steve
tcsplinters

Post by tcsplinters »

Hi Steve

Thanks for the tip. Turned out I created an account for the weather, and set its login directory to where I wanted the files. So setting it again in Cumulus resulted in no directory.. hence no file.

For those who like me wandered about trying to work out what was needed

In internet settings
Tick all three realtime boxes
In the files, set the local directory/filename and remote directory/filename for the realtime.txt file

If this still doesn't work log into your hosting account and check the directory your ftp account is set to use.
tcsplinters

Post by tcsplinters »

pc. This can be closed thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

tcsplinters wrote:In the files, set the local directory/filename and remote directory/filename for the realtime.txt file
You don't need to do this. The realtime.txt file is automatically uploaded to the directory you specify on the first tab of the internet settings. You don't need to list it on the 'files' tab if you have configured the settings correctly on the first tab. If your ftp account takes you straight to the required directory when you log in, the 'directory' should be left empty and Cumulus will put the realtime.txt file in the current directory.
Steve