Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Filezilla no longer supports Windows XP...

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Intheswamp
Weather Station: Davis VP2+
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Filezilla no longer supports Windows XP...

Post by Intheswamp »

Ok, I thought I'd put a note out here with the issue of Filezilla not working with Windows XP anymore in the subject line.

Last night during my "chat" with Godaddy regarding a ftp outage, the tech told me that Filezilla no longer works with Windows XP. I am running v3.8.0 of Filezilla and it works fine. The latest version is v3.8.1, though, and it no longer lists Windows XP as a operating system that it works with. It only states "Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 are supported, each both 32 and 64 bit.".

I just thought I'd pass this on to ya'll in case you still have an XP machine that you're using for ftp'ing. I have an older Dell laptop with XP on it that I use for my weather station...it works great. Filezilla v3.8.0 is working fine for me. :)

FWIW,
Ed
Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4 Build 1079
WU - KALRUTLE2 // PWS - BEEWEATHER // CWOP - EW2927 // Weather-Cam
pernaczy
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 2080, TFA Spring
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Filezilla no longer supports Windows XP...

Post by pernaczy »

Intheswamp wrote:Ok, I thought I'd put a note out here with the issue of Filezilla not working with Windows XP anymore in the subject line.

Last night during my "chat" with Godaddy regarding a ftp outage, the tech told me that Filezilla no longer works with Windows XP. I am running v3.8.0 of Filezilla and it works fine. The latest version is v3.8.1, though, and it no longer lists Windows XP as a operating system that it works with. It only states "Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 are supported, each both 32 and 64 bit.".

FWIW,
Ed
You are right. Here (see attachement) is what I found on Filezilla web page.
Regards to all,
Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The day when I have learned something is not the lost one.
Ignorance can be corrected with the help of a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.