Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Hosting by David Jamieson ending - new webhost required

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Hosting by David Jamieson ending - new webhost required

Post by RayProudfoot »

Duke / Michael. Understood but I also have a flag counter which doesn't, to my knowledge, ask visitors to accept a cookie. Must be a different requirement for different counters and Analyticals.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

duke

Post by duke »

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but, Ray, you're flag counter does store/require a cookie and under British/EU law you must notify the visitor of this. It is not 'flag counters' responsibility to notify the viewer of the cooker it is the website owner - you. Here is a 'link' for you. And here is a 'link' from a thread on this forum.

With that said, from what I see, a large quantity of non-commercial sites still do not comply.

Hope that helps.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

Duke, thanks for the info and reminder of the discussion we had a couple of years ago. As you can see from my counter I average 45 hits per day and yours is the first I've had reminding me of my obligations.

Like others have said on the linked thread I'll take my chances. I'm sure the EU have better things to do with their time. Then again... :roll:
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.