Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

External program not running? How do i get solar gauges?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

oman4eva
Weather Station: davis vantage pro 2 plus
Operating System: windows 7

External program not running? How do i get solar gauges?

Post by oman4eva »

Hi,

I've recently installed cumulus and am trying to get it working with my Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus. I have the Cumulus software working and now i want to set up a website to display the data. I will be planing to winscp the files securely over to my website using a scripthttp://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SFTP. I have this script working and it downloads the files to my website. However i don't seem to be able to get this batch file to execute from Cumulus. I've attached some images of my setup.

External program is C:\Cumulus\WinSCP\winscp-script.bat

My script file, sftp-cmds.txt, and text file, sftp-cmds.txt, are copied below. I've run these files from the command promt and it works. I moved WinSCP to the cumulus directory as i thought the Program Files x86 might be stuffing up cumulus due to the spaces in the directory.

sftp-cmds.txt:

option batch abort
option confirm off
open ****.****@****.****.***.***
put "C:\Cumulus\realtime.txt" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\index.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\today.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\yesterday.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\record.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\trends.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\gauges.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\thismonth.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\thisyear.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\monthlyrecord.htm" /home/wstat/public_html/
put "C:\Cumulus\web\images\*.png" /home/wstat/public_html/images/
exit

winscp-script.bat:

winscp.com /script=c:\cumulus\sftp-cmds.txt

Lastly, i want to have the solar gauges display on the gauges.htm page, specifically i want to see if the sun is shining (does solar value exceed 75% of theoreticala value). These images appear to be created in the images directory but the gauges.hml file is not made with them inserted. Do i need to change the options i've selected?

many thanks
oman
Last edited by oman4eva on Thu 24 Oct 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: External program not running? How do i get solar gauges?

Post by steve »

oman4eva wrote:However i don't seem to be able to get this batch file to execute from Cumulus.
Is WinSCP on your command path - did you tick the option when installing it? If that's not the problem, look in the Cumulus diags files and see if there are any relevant error messages.
Lastly, i want to have the solar gauges display on the gauges.htm page, specifically i want to see if the sun is shining (does solar value exceed 75% of theoreticala value). These images appear to be created in the images directory but the gauges.hml file is not made with them inserted. Do i need to change the options i've selected?
Sorry, I don't know what these are; Cumulus doesn't have any solar gauges, and I don't know what the images are that you are referring to. Is it the SteelSeries gauges that you want to use?
Steve
oman4eva

Post by oman4eva »

Thanks Steve,

Your WinSCP path fix worked, the website files are now automatically being updated to my website via the WinSCP script.

The gauges i was referring to are on the gauges page (see image below, i had to zoom out to show all the gauges) Image

What i want to see is solar.png and sunshine.png which are located in the web/images directory of cumulus.

I'd assumed these would appear on the gauges page above.

I did have a look at the silverlight gauges but have not messed with them too much. I wasn't able to see how to add the solar gauges to this page either. Below is my silverlight version.
http://www.atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca/w ... ltime.html

thanks again

oman
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Have you clicked the Trends button, and does that show what you expect?

Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

(deleted - Cumulus has changed since answer)
Last edited by sfws on Mon 03 Aug 2015 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

oman4eva wrote:I'd assumed these would appear on the gauges page above.
No, they aren't gauges. You can add them to the graphs page ("trends") by editing the trendsT.htm file in the Cumulus web folder; they aren't there by default as not everyone has solar sensors. It should be obvious what to do, just add extra lines based on the ones that are there already. You can look at the source of my web page: http://sanday.org.uk/weather/trends.htm. Note that the thumbnail table now has six columns.
Steve
oman4eva

Post by oman4eva »

Thanks Guys,

You are all correct and I've added in the solar trends to the trendsT.htm template.

http://www.atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca/wstat/trends.htm

Can someone confirm that the advantage of the silverlight CumulusRealtime.html file is that it updates itself in real time. Where as the standard cumulus website requires you to refresh the page to update the values.

Is it possible to edit the silverlight page to contain similar graphs than what is seen in the gauges and trends pages of the standard cumulus software? Mainly what i'm interested in adding is the wind rose and solar rad data, perhaps altering the pressure gauge to a dial. I thought i'd see if this was possible but it's most probably not worth the time.

Are there any examples of what is possible with the silverlight package? E.g. are cumulus sites i can visit to see what is possible?

thanks again

oman
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

oman4eva wrote:Can someone confirm that the advantage of the silverlight CumulusRealtime.html file is that it updates itself in real time.
Yes, that's right.
Is it possible to edit the silverlight page to contain similar graphs than what is seen in the gauges and trends pages of the standard cumulus software? Mainly what i'm interested in adding is the wind rose and solar rad data, perhaps altering the pressure gauge to a dial. I thought i'd see if this was possible but it's most probably not worth the time.

Are there any examples of what is possible with the silverlight package? E.g. are cumulus sites i can visit to see what is possible?
The only thing you can change is a few of the colours - see the readme file that came with it. I am no longer developing that application; I suggest you have a look at Mark's SteelSeries gauges, which are being actively developed, are configurable, and have better cross-platform support as they don't depend on Silverlight.
Steve