Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

A Couple of Newbie Questions.

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
MD3WSP

A Couple of Newbie Questions.

Post by MD3WSP »

First One....

Does your software need to be actually running or can it be closed down, i.e. will it capture the information required even if it is not running, I did not see it install any services, but would just like to check.

Two.

Rainfall ???? All of the other guages and option have numbers in them, all except rainfall. If I look at EasyWeather it is registering the rainfall and recording it, but in your software everything is '0'???

The Weather Station that I am using is the Watson W-8681

Thanks again for the great software.

James
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: A Couple of Newbie Questions.

Post by steve »

You can stop it and restart it some time later, and when it restarts it will download the data it missed, from the console.

I'm not sure what you mean about the rainfall. It won't show any rain until it actually rains - it doesn't download anything from the past when you first run it, so it will need to rain after you first run it before anything is registered.

Steve
Steve
MD3WSP

Post by MD3WSP »

Thanks for that Steve, It was raining, infact it bloody has been all week now, wish the hell it wasn't, but thats another story, it is working Ok now, not sure why but it took 6 hours to start logging the rain information, but seems to be Ok. Thanks for the great software, I am going to try adding it to my website next..

All the best

James
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I've no idea why it took so long to start logging the rain.

I assume you're running it in 'direct' mode, rather than piggy-backing off the easyweather.dat file? Just your mention of what Easyweather made me wonder...

Steve
Steve
MD3WSP

Post by MD3WSP »

I in theory am not using EasyWeather, it is installed but not running.

I have selected 'Fine Offset' in the configuration panel, I also have the easyweather.dat file selected further down but thought that this would be ignored with the 'Fine Offset' option! Am I correct in thinking that?

There is another strange thing, but it could be down to this Watson unit itself, in that the pressure reading on the unit is 995.0mb, but in the Cumulus software it is 1016mb? everything else is spot on, unit to software wise...

James
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

MD3WSP wrote:I have selected 'Fine Offset' in the configuration panel, I also have the easyweather.dat file selected further down but thought that this would be ignored with the 'Fine Offset' option! Am I correct in thinking that?
Yes, that's right.
There is another strange thing, but it could be down to this Watson unit itself, in that the pressure reading on the unit is 995.0mb, but in the Cumulus software it is 1016mb? everything else is spot on, unit to software wise..
Your console is showing the absolute pressure at your location and Cumulus is displaying the more useful 'relative' pressure, corrected to sea level. I believe there's an option on the console to get it to show the sea level pressure. 1016 seems a bit high, though, it should be around 1009 where you are now. Have you calibrated it correctly?

Steve
Steve