Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Crash generated bug report

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Crash generated bug report

Post by aznetcowboy »

Cumulus has crashed for the 2nd time in recent days. I have attached the bug report.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Crash generated bug report

Post by steve »

I've seen this before; it's crashing at start up in a third -party component, so I can't say why. But Cumulus was trying to log an error message at the time, almost certainly to tell you that it can't read any data from the station. If you zip up the diags files and attach them, I may be able to see what's going on.

This presumably happens every time you start it up? You'll probably have to reset the station - remove batteries and USB cable.

Edit: I've looked at the code from build 1032, and the error message it was trying to output was the 'station not initialised' message, as described in this FAQ: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#When_I ... ialised.22

So a reset of the station should fix it; if you want to try the setting mentioned in the FAQ, note that you'll need to install version 1.9.3 (see the announcements and news section of the forum for a download link).
Steve
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Re: Crash generated bug report

Post by aznetcowboy »

I followed your link to the 1.9.3 Build 1058 and installed it. If this error happens again, I will replace the "New Duracell" batteries with newer ones in both the sensor and the console units. I had been removing the batteries from the console for about a minute before reinserting them. It just gets to be a hassle to reset the time so it is correct when it comes back online.

BTW, I have now also set my weather station to be used on the Weather Underground seeing as it is a site that I've always relied on when our weather gets "unsettled". We do get storms on occasion here in the desert. :lol:
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us