Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS-2080 All Time Records went crazy today

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

WS-2080 All Time Records went crazy today

Post by aznetcowboy »

This morning I noticed that some (not all) of my all-time records were off the chart. This is on my WS-2080 using Cumulus 1.9.2 (build 1032). The high wind speed all of a sudden was 759.2 MPH and the high temperature at 385.1 degrees while the low was minus 159.8. Based on last night's readings when I went to bed and this morning readings I made some adjustments to the All-Time Records file. The lowest the temperature has been since I set this on on 01/02/2013 was 17 degrees and the highest wind was 25 (gusts up to the 30s range). These should be close, but maybe not exact. The low, however there was not doubt about as it was officially according to the US Weather Dept. the lowest all-time temperature for the date here in Tucson.

Anyway, the question I have is does anyone have any ideas what may have caused this problem? I do not leave my computer on at night. It is generally turned off at about 10:30 PM and back on around 8:30 AM. Any suggestions? I personally can't think of any reason the file should have been corrupted.
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WS-2080 All Time Records went crazy today

Post by steve »

This doesn't sound like the usual 'spikes' that Fine Offset stations produce, because in addition to the 'spike removal' settings, Cumulus filters out obviously wrong readings (e.g. temperatures over about 150F). So it does look like a file corruption. Note that Cumulus saves the alltime.ini file in one of the backup folders every time it starts up (and at midnight in 1.9.3), so you could retrieve a copy from there.
Steve
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

Steve,

Thank you for the feedback. :clap:

My estimates on the records were very close. Within a short time most will be over-written by more extreme weather as normally happens in the desert, except for the low temperature that is. At least now I know where to get data if this ever happens again.

Tom
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

aznetcowboy wrote:At least now I know where to get data if this ever happens again.
But note that although the folder is called 'backup', it is not intended to be a substitute for your own regular backups.
Steve