Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pressure not updating

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Pressure not updating

Post by dc1500 »

Well I've been running a Watson W-8681 for four years with virtually no data transfer problems. However in the last week the pressure trend has been flat lining.
On further inspection it is just the pressure value that is not being sent to Cumulus from the console. Shutting down Cumulus and restarting changes to the current pressure reading but no updating thereafter. Everything else is ok. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting USB and new batteries but no effect.
Any suggestions? Apologies for not reading every post in the thread but there are so many.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Pressure not updating

Post by steve »

I assume the console is updating but not Cumulus? The first question is: have you configured a 'spike removal' setting for pressure, and if so, what value have you used?
Steve
dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

I bet that's it Steve. Looking at it I put in a calibration value and I see t he spike is set at 0.1mb. Don't remember changing that but I guess that's the problem. Can't be 999 though I guess so what should it be?
Thanks,
Dave
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you were previously getting spikes, you can determine a value from that. If not, use something large that can't happen in normal circumstances, 10 mb for example. If that proves to be too large (you get spikes of less than that, reduce it carefully). I'm not sure the FO ever creates pressure spikes.
Steve
dc1500

Post by dc1500 »

Thanks Steve. Yes, I tried a high value which fixed it. As you say spikes are something that don't usually happen with the pressure. Trouble when you get problems so rarely you forget how it all works and miss the obvious!