Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Latest wind

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Latest wind

Post by apenwith »

Hi
I've not had a chance to watch the FO screen and Cumulus at the same time before and it's raised a question in my mind. The FO screen has been fairly steady at around 10-11 knots for several minutes but Cumulus latest wind has been steady around 15-16 knots although the green sector does show the FO speed. It's the fact that the wind is not very gusty that made me wonder.
Regards
Alan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Latest wind

Post by steve »

Please see http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... my_console and the other FAQ to which that refers, and see if that explains it.
Steve
MartinHJ
Weather Station: WH3080
Operating System: Linux/Windows 7

Re: Latest wind

Post by MartinHJ »

steve wrote:Please see http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... my_console and the other FAQ to which that refers, and see if that explains it.
I never bother looking at my console because when I do it doesnt really give a very useful reading. Your software does a far better job Steve...well done!

Because of where I have to site the wind sensor its too low down and so I need to scale up slightly the figures using a Cumulus multiplier. Comparing my Cumulus readings to WeatherPro locally I am pretty spot on consistently.

Even taking the scaling factors into account I find Cumulus far easier to visualise and interpret what is happening and the trends. And besides the console looks a bit cheap and plasticky :-)

Martin