Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problems uploading to free BT web

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
dionaea
Weather Station: WH1080 / Watson8681

Problems uploading to free BT web

Post by dionaea »

I have just switched over from Talk Talk To Bt internet - & am having problems with FTP uploading. Have triesd Ipswitch & Filezilla. The latter works occasionally but had no luck at all with Ipswitch. Is there anyone out there using ftp.btinternet.com for web hosting who could offer advice. I notice that Corringham Weather uses BT & doesn't seem to have any problems, but I don't know how to contact him/her.

Cheers
Chris
Rayle
Weather Station: Easyweather N96GY
Operating System: Windows 7,Vista,Ipad2/Iphone5

Re: Problems uploading to free BT web

Post by Rayle »

dionaea wrote:I have just switched over from Talk Talk To Bt internet - & am having problems with FTP uploading. Have triesd Ipswitch & Filezilla. The latter works occasionally but had no luck at all with Ipswitch. Is there anyone out there using ftp.btinternet.com for web hosting who could offer advice. I notice that Corringham Weather uses BT & doesn't seem to have any problems, but I don't know how to contact him/her.

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris.
Re Corringham weather
Not been around much as wife is in Hospital with some complications after having her amputated last year.
I set up the site using HTML kit with help from http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/webpage.htm this should give you all the info you need, can be a bit fiddly, but it does work.
Will try and keep an eye for you.
Good luck.
Ray.
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

Hi Ray,
glad you've replied to Chris for a couple of reasons. Firstly because I helped him set up his original site and have helped with the transfer to BT. A bit fiddly but we read those notes from Andy and set it up ok and it was running but his problem now is just with updating. Config settings are ok as far as I can tell so wondered if it is a firewall problem at his end because he is having trouble sending files via Filezilla FTP program whereas I can do it easily from here.
The other is on a different tack. Looking at your pin on the map it looks like you live on the Frost Estate. I used to live in Pembroke Avenue and played football for AFC Corringham for years!! Small world. Also the other "Corringham Weather" is my friend Peter who lives in Digby Road and I help him out with his Cumulus as well!
By the way - it looks as though your pressure is reading absolute and not relative and so is a bit out.
All the best,
Dave
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

@ Ray

Hi Ray - the link to your pictures on your home page is a bit of mess :( (Which is what is making all the strange mouse-overs happen)

Code: Select all

<p>Welcome to My Weather Site<a href="http://www.btinternet.com/~weather65/weather/weather65.htm">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b><font color="#ffffff"><u>Click this text for Picture Gallery</u></font></b></p><a/>. </p>
Should be:

Code: Select all

<p>Welcome to My Weather Site&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.btinternet.com/~weather65/weather/weather65.htm"><b><font color="#ffffff"><u>Click this text for Picture Gallery</u></font></b></a>.</p>
The main problem was you had <a/> instead of </a> ;)
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
dionaea
Weather Station: WH1080 / Watson8681

Post by dionaea »

Hi Ray,
Many thanks for getting in contact. Dave & I tried all sort of things to upload to the btinternet site but although he could upload it from Laindon I kept getting "Connect Error" in Norfolk when I tried. I re-read the Andy Webb information & decided to check my IP address & it came up with 86.141 - the one that he said stopped connection from happening.Following the instructions I switched off the BT hub & went & made a cup of tea. When I switched it back on connection was made immediately & everything works. I checked my IP address & it had changed, so clearly that was the problem.
All I have to do now is to somehow get 1 & 1 to redirect my domain name (www.burnhamthorpeweather.co.uk) to link up with my BT site and away from Tiscali.

Cheers,
Chris