Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.14.0 (build 3159) - 04 December 2021

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

If you are interested in supporting Cumulus then maybe you would like to contribute to the maintenance of the Wiki? This need not take hours of your time - just a half hour here and there can make a big difference, particularly if many people are doing this. Any contributions are very welcome, whether they involve new content or editing of existing content. It will be very helpful to current and future users of Cumulus software if the Wiki is kept well-maintained and current. If you are interested then please contact forum user saratogaWX and ask for a Wiki account.

Problems getting the WS1081 to upload historical records

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
vk4aatwx

Problems getting the WS1081 to upload historical records

Post by vk4aatwx »

Problems downloading historical data from WS1081
Down loaded Ver 1.8.5 -real time data appearing on ws1081 reproduced on my computer however the program is not accessing that has been previously stored when not connected to the computer.This unit came with Easyweather software and have also tried using the Easyweather settings but to no avail. Am I missing something here ?
Regards
Terry
ps Easyweather software works perfectly but I prefer the look of the Cumulus program.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problems getting the WS1081 to upload historical records

Post by steve »

Is it the data from before you installed Cumulus that you want to have downloaded? Cumulus doesn't try to get that, by design. You can force it to do it by stopping it and changing the timestamp in the today.ini file. You might then need to do a bit of tidying up in the data files, as it doesn't attempt to put it on any sort of order, it will just append it to the file.

If that's not what you mean, if it's not downloading the logger data at all, then I'll need to see the files from the diags folder.

Steve

vk4aatwx

Post by vk4aatwx »

Hello Steve,
Many thanks for your very quick response. The data that its no retrieving is what my display unit is storing when not connected to the computer. However when I do connect the unit to the computer it displays faithfully what the display unit is showing but it wont retrieve the stored data.I hope I have made myself clear. I will attempt to attached the fault log for you to have a look at.
Regards
terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

vk4aatwx wrote:The data that its no retrieving is what my display unit is storing when not connected to the computer.
Yes, I understand that. What is not clear is whether it is the old data from before you first ran Cumulus which you want it to download, or whether it will not download the data from the logger at all.
I will attempt to attached the fault log for you to have a look at.
This appears to be unrelated? You've clicked on the all-time record LED and got a crash. It appears that you've changed the date format on your system since you installed Cumulus? That's normally the cause of this sort of crash. Cumulus has apparently stored the date your all-time records began as "01-Jan-09", and Windows says that isn't a valid date format for your system.

Also, you seem to be running 1.8.4, not 1.8.5 as you said. It's probably best if you stick to 1.8.5.

Steve

vk4aatwx

Post by vk4aatwx »

Hello Steve,
Problem solved, the date format on my computer has remained the same however as you rightly pointed out it is different to the date format on my weather station.By making the format on my machine agree with the weather station all is well. A bit of a trap for the beginner. Perhaps a line in your help file pointing out how important this is may save another enquiry for you. Many thanks for all your help and impressed with your support.
Best regards
Terry

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I don't really understand that; the date format on the weather station doesn't matter, and wouldn't cause the history data to fail to download. The crash (the bugreport.txt) was caused by the start date in cumulus.ini being in the format "01-Jan-09", whereas your PC is currently using the format "2009-02-13".

Steve